“Each trip is better”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing evening at Local Lounge. The service was first class and it was followed by amazing food an BC wine.

I had never had the Calamari at Local before. I think I will order it next time too. Very different.

They were very accomadating. I will be going back soon.

Thanks

1  Thank jimmylegs73

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Can't say enough about our mom's birthday celebration dinner here. Enjoyed the calamari and crab cakes for appetizers. The ribs, chicken, salad entrees were fantastic. My son loved the children chicken dinner too. Shared the chocolate cake and crème brule. Everything was so good and we can't wait to go back and enjoy this amazing restaurant again. Thanks for a great family birthday dinner! Made reservations for the next week to come back and do it again.

1  Thank webb
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was so amazing and fair portions. The raspberry-white chocolate creme brule was so yummy. Service was good and friendly. We went on a weekend so had to wait a bit longer for food and drinks to arrive after ordering. Not an everyday place to go but for a nice night out in the South Okanagan, very much worth going again.

1  Thank banana2006
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Located next to the Summerland Waterfront Resort, it was convenience more than anything that made us choose to celebrate my husband's birthday. However it was a great choice. The food was delicious, made with fresh ingredients and cooked perfectly. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list, efficient and genuinely friendly. Although there were only a few tables occupied, the place still felt cosy. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for more than just a cheap meal.

3  Thank JS28
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We finally tried this restaurant, admittedly the lure of a groupon got us there. Having used one groupon in another Okanagan restaurant & being disappointed at the restrictions imposed with choices I was really happy when we were told to choose anything from the menu, great! We shared the crab cake to start, good, not great. But the mains we chose sent us over the edge with happy delirium, thank goodness for good food! Pork cheeks with soft polenta, (I'm a convert to polenta now having dodged it for years) with garlic spinach and apple relish. Ribs with cherry balsamic glaze. HUGE portions. We will eat here again and probably try the bar area next door, we checked it out as we were leaving, I really liked the atmosphere. Our service was good, it would have been excellent if there had been a little more warmth & personality imparted but it was extremely professional & knowledgeable, I'll take that any day over friendly but clueless. Nice wine list & good music too.

1  Thank TWS42