“Overpriced for quality of food.”
Review of Local on Lakeshore

Local on Lakeshore
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is located on the west shore of Okanagan Lake in Summerland, BC. Since 2009, Local has been serving both quality interpretations of classic dishes and cocktails. Local on Lakeshore features an adult oriented restaurant. Local on Lakeshore's dining room is considered one of the Okanagan’s premier adult oriented restaurants that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat metropolitan style. Our 65 seat restaurant atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. Featuring a large selection of local BC VQA wines, innovative and Classic Craft Cocktails and a wide selection of BC Craft Brewed Draught Beers. coupled with a menu that blends classic global styles with seasonal fresh ingredients, and a passionate team delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ate here multiple times during our stay at the Summerland Waterfront Resort. Food was expensive for the quality. Portions fairly small. Salad was poor for the cost. Hubby did enjoy the cheese and fruit appy though. Great wine selection. Entrees were mediocre.

2  Thank ACAlford

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recommend Local Lounge to many of our B&B guests and all of them rave about the excellent suggestion. We've had dinner there a few times before early in winter and spring of 2012, just the two of us -- and when our family came down to visit, we had 8 and a pint size joining us. We were all welcomed with the little one sitting at the head of the table. We enjoyed beautiful appetizers and entrees complete with creative desserts. Good wine recommendations too by the knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Better than most restaurants in Kelowna. Would drive for amazing food like that! Reasonable price for what you get.

Cameron B, Owner at Local on Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

It is always nice when we receive honest and legitimate reviews of our business. Actually quite refreshing.

Nice when we hear from individuals such as yourselves that get what we're doing at Local Lounge • Grille.

Thank you for your comments.

Cameron Bond - Managing Director
Local Hospitality Group Inc.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The menu is limited and had some unusual choices. You might want to check it out on their website before you even think about going to the restaurant.

Service was reasonable but slow, not what one would expect for the prices charged for the food.

This establishment has a lovely lake view in the daylight, but you don't get the benefit of this for the evening meal in the fall. Lighting is very dim in the restaurant.

I found my salad to be rather bitter, but I suppose some people enjoy more exotic salad greens than I like. The dressing was unremarkable. No one in our group of 6 was raving about their meal, nor was anyone complaining. It was all just okay.

I don't plan on returning to this restaurant. If I'm paying the Local prices for my meal ,I better be enjoying every morsel, have my water glass filled to the brim, and be able to see the food on my plate. I expect better value for my dining dollars.

4  Thank YuccaBC
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our family recently celebrated a 50th birthday here and found everything to be outstanding! The service was great, with friendly and professional servers. The food was fantastic, including amazing desserts!!!
We will definitely be returning to Local...