“Fantastic waterfront lounge and restaurant! Great food & great service!”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
“Fantastic waterfront lounge and restaurant! Great food & great service!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Fabulous views over the lake, combined with modern menu and outstanding wine list. They focus on locally sourced item's wherever possible. A great place to go any time of the day or evening!

Peachland, Canada
“Great location, great food!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We've been to this restaurant twice, for both Mother's and Father's Day brunch and had great experiences both times. The food is fantastic and if you get the chance to sit outside, the view is just as great! We would definitely come back again. As I work in the cusstomer service industry, I also recommend this spot to tourists as often as I can.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank peachlandgirl
Calgary, Canada
“Uninteresting and overpriced”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The location, scenery was beautiful. The service was friendly but upon looking at the menu there wasn't much that sounded very appealing. I had the tuna salad. The tuna was excellent and cooked to perfection and would have made a nice main portion with some sides, but the noodle salad was overdressed and the dressing was not very tasty. He had the fish and chips, which was quite good, the batter wasn't too heavy and the halibut was nice, but at $18 for fish and chips one would hope they'd be nice. The chocolate cake was burnt and the crust on the creme brulee was too thick and also burnt a little too much. The overall feel of the restaurant was far too pretentious for the quality of the food. This restaurant would do better to serve simpler more pub style food and drop the pretentious act.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank SJF984
Summerland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We have been to the Local twice now, once for breakfast and then last night, for our 4 year anniversary. Breakfast was a great value for what you got. I had the stuffed brioche french toast and it was amazing. My husband at the oatmeal and a pancake and was very impressed with both as well.

Last night we went for dinner and were seated in the Lounge side of the restaurant. The food and service were both very good. We had pita bread and 3 dips to start, then I had the brined chicken and my husband had the special, a bacon wrapped sturgeon; we shared a bottle of Painted Rock Chardonnay. Both dishes were incredibly delicious, and so was the wine (the wine list was great in general). We also shared two desserts: the soft centred chocolate cake, and the ambrosia apple donuts, both of which were so good we were using our spoons to scrape off any errant sauce and melted ice cream off our plates! We were both very impressed with all aspects of our meal, and the service was great.

I have just two small complaints. One: the chardonnay was served way too cold. We had to wait 5-10 minutes after pouring it before it had warmed up to an appropriate temperature. The second was the music, I know we were seated in the lounge section, but it annoyed me to have to listen to club like music when paying for a really nice anniversary dinner. I felt like I didn't know where I was, a club or a high end restaurant (and I'm 27, so this isn't just because I'm 'old'). If I were the owners of the Local, I think I would maybe not start the club music until after 9pm. We arrived about 6:30, and all the people in there were people having nice dinners together. I think the music was catering to an atmosphere more appropriate to a bunch of people just in having drinks, which is more likely to happen later at night.

Anyway, other than those two small complaints, everything else was wonderful! Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank hkamps
Vancouver
“Best location in the Okanagan but menu needs improvement”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stay in the neighbouring resort and love visiting Local for its amazing view, cool vibe and great service but are always sad when we come there and see the menu hasn't changed. While the ribs are fall off the bone, melt in your mouth, the steak is good even if the rissoto that accompanies it takes like cardboard, but the rest of the menu is terrible. When we bring guests there, they scan and scan looking for something normal and can't find it. The only seafood is trout (yes I understand "local") but people don't want duck and pork. How about a salmon or white fish? And the lunch menu is dismal if you are someone coming off a boat wanting to grab something. There are only two items I'd call lunch food -- the fish and chips (which are really sub par) and the pulled pork sandwich. Why not put a normal club sandwich and a normal burger on the menu? Having said that the wine list is divine, the desserts are amazing and the view and experience is worth a sub-par menu. I wish I could get in there and give the chef some suggestions.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Vinovacations
paradigmone, Owner at Local Lounge • Grille, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Well we don't serve trout. Never have, never will. However, judging by your style of tastes I believe we can point you in the direction of some great pubs in the valley on your next visit.

As for giving our Chef some suggestions. That has to be on of the most arrogant comments I have ever seen on this site. Bobby Flay is that you asking for a throwdown? Didn't think so.

Regards,

Cameron Bond - Managing Director
Local Hospitality Group Inc.