“Surprisingly Great Small Town Hotel”

Canalta Hotel Provost
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Provost
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Canalta in Provost for three nights during the Western Baseball Championships during the past weekend. Going to Provost, I was not expecting to be staying at a quality hotel, but I was completely wrong and surprised.

The Canalta is an exceptionally clean and comfortable hotel within Provost, with very spacious rooms that were very modern. The hotel used to be a Super 8, but was much better than many under that brand.

The beds were very comfortable and provided a great night's sleep.

The hotel also provides an exceptional continental breakfast complete with everything including eggs and make your own waffles. During the day, the hotel also had freshly baked cookies and fresh popcorn available in the front lobby for guests.

The service was so exceptional at the Canalta that the hotel even allowed us to shower after our last game of the weekend before we went on the road back home, even though it was past check out time.

This hotel was exceptional in so many ways that whenever I am in Provost I would not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend to anyone that is in the area. Great stay!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor do have an door on the outside that does provide quicker access to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jchip9
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2016

Greetings:

I recognize you stayed quite some time ago , but as a relatively new General Manager, I think it best if I try to respond to all reviews of our property.

Thank you for your kind comments & honesty.

We continue to inspire all our team members to surpass our guests needs & seek to maintain an outstanding property.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very clean, spacious rooms. Comfortable beds. The staff was very helpful, polite and efficient. The continental breakfast was great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone passing thru, and would definately stay here again! Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Delee J
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review of Canalta Provost! We appreciate hearing when our guests are pleased with the hotel and the service.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were recently snow-stayed in Provost for two days and were lucky enough to get a room at the Canalta. We were pleased with so many aspects of our stay: friendly helpful staff, clean room with lots of amenities, free use of computer with internet, and continental breakfast every morning. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GMProvost, Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

THank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review of our property. Thank you for your very kind comments; I will be sure to share them with all of our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was sent to provost by my company and had no hopes to find a good hotel. But then Canalta proved me wrong. Staff is friendly and professional. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Clean and nice. Thanks

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here for two nights midweek and was lucky enough to get a suite with a whirlpool bath. The room was a little tired decor-wise, but was clean & tidy and the staff were friendly. The king bed was SO comfortable and the room also had a large sitting area with a huge gas fire and TV/DVD. The bathroom was really small tho, which seemed odd in such a big room! The buffet breakfast (included) had the usual suspects: cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, fruit, yoghurt and some hot food. Provost is a small town, so I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice and well-run hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JC_Traveller
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Nice Clean rooms, wireless internet, decent breakfast.

No complaints

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments & honesty.

I am grateful your stay generated "no complaints" as we continue to inspire all our team members to surpass our guests needs & seek to maintain an outstanding property.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nice stay here again, consistance service at this hotel. Do not hesitate to stay here. Wanted to write a new review because I notice now that there are few restaurants that offer delivery to the hotel. They are Top 20, PMI,& Silver Sticks. Nice for the business traveller.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Dharmaloo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I hope to see you next time you are in Provost