“There was nothing I awesome about Epernay.”
Review of Epernay

Epernay
Reserve with OpenTable
Epernay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Epernay Bistro and Wine Bar is a Bistro and Wine Bar that serves delicious global cuisine with french inspired touch,old school craft cocktails and great wines. We have recently livened up the appearance of our deck & restaurant and are very proud of its new presentation. Stop by for one or both of our happy hours Monday to Friday 5-7pm and 11-1AM or come enjoy a drink on our improved deck and choose from one of our nightly specials(local caught fish.catch us on Brisket night or stop by for a late night bite..)
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

One of the memorable dining experiences our family will have in beautiful St. Thomas.

Being a wine bar I stretched my ability to choose a fun wine. They had sold their last bottle. Nice balding fellow came out and apologized. It was totally fine because I had no idea what I ordered anyway. I told him to pick a similar wine. It was a great French wine. He also made me look like I knew what I was doing. Super nice guy and gear taste in wine.
Fernando, our waiter, was awesome fun, a happy giggler. He was very attentive, prompt and proactive.
We had appetizers, main course and dessert (great Pimms cup after all that). The food was presented well, cooked as ordered very good quality. We had the snapper and skirt steak. Perfect in every way. I usually never get fish or steak out because I always feel like I can do a better job. You guys got
Me on this one.
My teenaged kids got all dressed in their resort wear and had a great time with getting there on the left side, having a great meal and a memory that will last a lifetime.
Thanks Epernay.

1  Thank tragates

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I wish I remember his name, but the Server/Bartender had such an awesome personality and made me so happy we decided to go there! The food was very good as well.
Very classy atmosphere, but not pretentious. I highly recommend this Bistro and that you tip this man accordingly. He works every day they are open (Mon-Sat). I am definitely going back!

1  Thank Qtddroo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stumbled in here after a very late arrival and were immediately made to feel at home.They stayed open until we felt like leaving. Outstanding drinks and service. We came back for dinner the following night for the best restaurant meal we've had in years. And we dine out a lot. It felt like a Parisian bistro. Music and all. Loved Michael, Carl and Fernando. A great location in Frenchtown. Can't say enought good. A new favorite. Don't miss this place.

1  Thank Pat O
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I agree with everything that has been said apart from a few other pointers. They have a spinach salad on the menu that a top twenty gourmet restaurant in the States has won awards for and they do a duck salad version which I have had the pleasure of eating on many occasions....Well this spinach version is just out of this world and for gourmet lovers of really good food, simply outstanding and worth going just to sample this on its own.

But what makes this place stand out is the customer service and atmosphere which has already been discussed. However, my wife wanted mint jelly to go with a particular dish, which naturally they didn't have any, it's not something that is normally seen Stateside everywhere, unless one has Lamb......let alone here and Mike the owner just went out and brought several brands and came back and offered us our choice.......Quite unheard of and something you don't forget......

Not to forget Fernando.....Barman, Server, Giggler extraordinaire, who moves like grease lightening and always has a smile on his face. Been several times now to this establishment, its that good and Eduardo told me that they had fresh Mangos in and he wanted to make me a special drink and boy was it. So now I just let him surprise me with cocktails "de la jour". Kudos to you and Mike who have created something special. When they have their version of Bread pudding, make sure you make some room for this...........anyone who is a foodie and considering the size and politics of this tiny island, it's at a very consistently high level and their chef needs bottling.
Lastly was in conversation with some people who had heard that guests at the Ritz Carlton wanted to go to Frenchtown and were advised not to as it wasn't safe and also no French Restaurant called Epernay existed as it closed down. Well, Frenchtown is probably one of the safest areas anywhere, been many times on our travels and has an atmosphere that is eclectic and natural and no Epernay is not closed, it's alive and doing very well with really superb food at excellent prices.

2  Thank selecthotels
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Location to where we were staying is what brought us here - ah what luck! Every aspect exceeded every expectation and not because the bar was low! We were greeted and treated as if we were old loyal patrons. The wine list would have pleased a discerning palate and priced reasonably. Food was simply outstanding from a perfectly dressed Caesar along side delicate bruschetta followed with escargot nestled in a textured buttered garlic with a hint of a sweet surprise that was accompanied by steaming hot baguette - the entrees of kobi meatloaf (wow) and chicken penne in a light but robust sauce might have seemed the end to what a tummy could take. Oh no - closed out with a black cherry cheesecake that was superb. A special shout out to Michael and Fernando - each if whom create an intimate and convivial atmosphere.

1  Thank Venittaf