“Good Pizza, Amazing Beer List.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pie Whole
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
TX
“Good Pizza, Amazing Beer List.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I ate here with my wife and kids our last evening in St Thomas. We ordered a pizza for the kids and my wife and I shared the Chip pasta dish. Both were very good. The beer list was VERY extensive. I have to admit, I was impressed. The service was very good and very friendly. The atmosphere was nice too. It is a very small place with 4 tables or so, and the bar which seat about 10 or so. You will want to make a reservation, unless you want to carry out. We were there on a Tuesday night, and being a small place they were consistently busy. But be considerate, and be on time. When I was there the staff was trying the best they could to patiently wait for people to show for their reservation, while other patrons where coming in hoping for a table. Anyway, come visit. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013

Augusta, Georgia
“Friendly Service, Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

One negative: Not the easiest to find in Frenchtown, with limited parking. On a positive note, I walked in, prepared to place a carry out order and the bartender was so pleasant, I decided to eat in & sat at the bar. It was not crowded b/c it was only 5:45pm, but the place filled up quickly.

I ordered a pizza with a glass of wine and the bill came to $44 b/4 tip, so its not inexpensive. The pizza hit the spot, very thin crust, with light, but flavorful sauce.

I would recommend reservations if you wish to dine later in the evening, as they have 6 tables, max. I appreciated the casual and friendly service and would return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Merida, Mexico
“Gourmet pizza for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time eating at the Pie Whole - definitely top notch. When we return to St Thomas, this will always be on our agenda.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati
“Just like chef boy-ar-dee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Got off to a real slow start as the food took 40 minutes to arrive. However, all the positive reviews we read kept us going and then........the chef -boy - dee pizza arrived. It would seem as though somebody started this amazing hoax some time ago and all the mindless people just followed along! The crust was paper thin, the ingredients were sparse and I'm still looking for the cheese and the sauce! Basically the owner decided to cut his costs by several hundred percent and still charge double of what one would expect to pay for a pizza!
Way over-priced and way over-hyped!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Wow. Best pizza and appetizers ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place was over the top, but don't show up without a reservation. We ordered the spinach and artichoke appetizer. It was so good, I barely left room for the main course. i wouldn't miss out on this place when visiting st thomas.

Visited April 2013