“great local bar”

Betsy's Bar
Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Betsy's Bar is the place where locals hang out. Serving Lunch, Dinner and Late night food. We also have plenty of VTL machines, Pool Tables, Foos Ball and Pin ball and Dart machines. Just like home away from home
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I love Betsy's! It's a fun place, a good mix of patrons, and Betsy is always there with a friendly hello and smile. The food is always good. I travel to St Thomas 2-3 times a year and always go there at least once or twice for dinner or just a drink at the bar.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you want to experience St. Thomas from a "local" perspective this is the place to do it! Great mix of customers, seating indoors or outdoors, and lots of stories told by friendly patrons. I had the creole snapper which was a huge portion and perfectly cooked and seasoned. The bartender Marcy was super-friendly and attentive and gave me the scoop on not just the bar but the whole island. She told me the menu changes depending on the chef and gave me a copy of each one....I'd love to go back for the late night menu as it looked like down-home bar food at it's finest! Be adventurous and stop in this place...well worth it!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Every town has one or two places like this, where you can go for drinks and food. not fancy. just damn good. food is reasonably priced and drinks kick your butt, or have a few cold beers. we sat outside on a great night. waitress did a great job with our party of ten.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We like going to Betsy's to hang out with friends from school. Its a great place to hang out, have some food, some drinks and play some pool. They've got good prices on drinks as well as affordable food. The staff is quite friendly.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I work late, and value a kitchen open late night. We have moved to St Thomas from Las Vegas, the city that doesnt sleep. Even there, it was tough to find a place to go out and find a sit down comfort meal when the rest of the kitchens had closed. Betsy's bar provides a late night shelter for night owls like us. Thank you Betsy and crew!

I know this doesnt sound romantic, but when you are surounded by gourmet food all day, all week- all year... a late night out for chili and such is just what the doctor ordered! We had:
a grilled cheese (perfectly grilled white bread), bowl of chili (jeromes added for perfect spice), a chili cheese fry... and a chili dog... best anniversary dinner all year!!!

We left there happy, satisfied, and thankful Betsy (and crew) are still serving St Thomas- later night too!!! Thanks!!