“A great setting and good food and service”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place has an beautiful setting, an old estate house next to to water. It also has good food, with fancy explanations, good drinks and decent friendly service. If you do not know where it is it is difficult to find, nestled behind Frenchtown. It is pricey but the flash factor alone is worth the visit. Try it you will like it.

1  Thank Stephen S

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I had my birthday dinner here on our trip to St Thomas/St John. We heard that Oceana was the best restaurant on St Thomas and we wanted to go big for my birthday dinner. We had the grilled shrimp cocktail and beef steak tomato and grilled pineapple salad to start. both of these dishes were not up to par. We thought both of these were very bland. The shrimp is grilled and then brought to the table cold which didn't make for a good consistency for shrimp. I had the bone-in prime rib of pork which was tough and dry. I had very high expectations with the description on the menu and was extremely disappointed. My wife had the blackened Mahi which was fantastic. Both the fish and the sides were great.

By far the best course of dinner was desert. We had the chocolate souffle cake with their homemade chocolate ice cream. I will say this was the best desert of our week long vacation.

Overall, very nice looking restaurant but I think some of their dishes need some work if they want to charge this much money even taking into consideration island prices.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Oceana is fabulous! From appetizers through desserts, our food and service were impeccable! A must do when you're in St. Thomas.

1  Thank Babsgray
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Start to finish an amazing experience. Great view, amazing food, excellent wine list, not a single complaint!

1  Thank Dinepgh
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I ate here to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel was beautiful and our seat in the open dinning area had an amazing view of the water. We ate as the sun set and it was so romantic. Our server was wonderful; she was informative and attentive without being intrusive. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. We split 2 appetizers: green salad with pears and goat cheese and stuffed squash blossoms. Mains were mahi mahi with vegetables and pasta. We split lemon tarts for dessert. I think this was the best meal we had during our trip.

1  Thank Patricia I