“Worthy of praise...”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Heard about this place from a server at our hotel. We made a reservation for our last dinner on the island. Not too easy to find, but glad to get there. Right on the water. Between Hassel Island and Water Island. Beautiful view. Greeted promptly. Our server, Irina, gave a great description of the specials and served us drinks quickly. Wife had the Bouillabaisse, and I tried the Filet and shrimp. Things could not have been better. Tasty, well presented and good portions. Having heard the phrase, "Island time" as a poor excuse for bad service, I find this experience as a breathe of fresh air. Everyone, including servers and waitstaff did great. Keep up the good work. Only recommendation would be to put some directions on the internet.

2  Thank John I

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Oceana is one of my favorite restaurants on St. Thomas. We like to go early and have a glass of wine on the veranda at sunset followed by dinner in the restaurant just feet from the water watching the boats go by. The food has been consistently fresh, well- prepared and tasty. We have always had good service.

1  Thank SandyUSVI
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've never been a big fan of Lobster until I had it at Oceana and I'll never be the same! It was absolutely incredible! The deco in Oceana was gorgeous. The food perfection and the services impeccable. I plan on eating there every time I'm in St Thomas! Totally recommend!

2  Thank PeiLover2014
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Another outstanding meal at Oceana. We started off with their signature drinks - delicious. Then, we requested Irina as our server, and she is stupendous. The food was fantastic, although I was looking for my favorites (wahoo and sea bass) but they changed up the menu to keep things fresh. We also found out that the chef from the restaurant, Thirteen, is now the chef at Oceana. What a coup for Oceana! Great dinner, great service and great atmosphere!

1  Thank Russell E
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We made reservations at Oceana for a special Valentines dinner while vacationing in St. Thomas. Make certain you have directions or GPS. Although the drive through Frenchtown is not one of the most scenic areas of St. Thomas, you will be pleasantly surprised by the beauty of Oceana's location and the character of the facility. We arrived at Oceana an hour before our 7pm reservation to enjoy the sunset from the wine bar. This beautiful place is just a few yards from the water, and there is a nice "front porch" area in front of the wine bar with small tables and chairs. Even though the bartender was very busy filling orders from the wait staff and customers in the wine bar, he was personable and took great care of us. I highly recommend taking the time to relax in the wine bar before and after dinner. We decided that the wine bar alone is worth the visit.

We were seated promptly at our reserved time. I wish I could remember the name of our waiter, who is originally from Illinois. He was very knowledgeable and provided a great overview and recommendations based on our food preferences. We started with the shrimp appetizer, which was a great preview of the perfect meal to come. The grilled sea bass and Mahi Mahi were excellent and served at the perfect temperature. Unfortunately, we had to pass on dessert because the entrees were significant portions. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. We chose a fabulous Jordan Chardonnay, a fond memory from one of our favorite Sonoma winery visits (ok, so we ended up ordering 2 bottles of the Jordan before the night was over). Our server was on top of everything without being over the top. Oceana truly offers great dining in a welcoming and unpretentious way.

We dined at some of the other top rated restaurants on St. Thomas, and from our perspective, th Oceana delivered a far superior dining experience with outstanding food, service, value, and an impeccable view and facility. Oceana is our new favorite in the Caribbean. But please keep it a secret. We hope to secure a reservation or two on our next visit.

2  Thank SailChicago2217