“Great view.”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great view.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed this place immensely. Great view and the service was superb. I hate to complain but I would like to make a recommendation. I visited this place with my wife on vacation and we would have enjoyed something more exotic or different on the menu. We visited another restaurant the next day and found what we were looking for. It did cost twice as much however.

• Visited February 2014

Laguna Hills, California
“Best food experience I have ever had!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This restaurant is an open air concept, plantation dining hall with cathedral ceilings. Amazing views await you from the 180 degree view of the ocean,hills,downtown and gardens onsite. We had the surf and turf and all we were saying throughout the meal was OMG!! We recently ate at Gordon Ramsays steak at the Paris and this was 10X better. The succulent steak and the lobster just melted away in our mouths. If we had one place to eat at for the rest of our lives this would definitely be it!!

• Visited March 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Beautiful view and excellent food - go early”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Take and early reservation before sunset (like 5:30 pm), so you get a seat on the ocean edge. You cannot beat this view of returning boats and Hassel and Water Island with the light sound of Caribbean waves in the background. I had the Blackened Mahi-Mahi with a Sweet & Tangy Cucumber - Tomato Salad, Old Bay Yukon Gold Potatoes and Fresh Basil. It had a very tasty sauce and the fish was fresh. The others in my party also raved about their dishes.

Visited February 2014
Racine
“Off-the-Charts Excellence”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went here for our last evening dinner in St. Thomas before heading back to Wisconsin. Without a doubt, Oceana was the best restaurant we have ever encountered for food and atmosphere! In all our travels, we have dined in some excellent restaurants but we felt like we were in another world at this place! The open-air restaurant, a full moon out glowing on the ocean, and sound of the waves had to be the most romantic place to be the night before our take-off on Valentine's Day.

For cocktails, I had the "Oceana specialty cocktail", a pineapple, lime and rum drink. I highly recommend this one. Hubby had the "usual".

We took advantage of all the fresh fish on St. Thomas so for starters we shared the special lobster appetizer of the evening, wow!!! A gourmet BLT! Presentation was a feast for the eyes and surpassed my expectations! My entree, Garlic & Herb Grilled Shrimp over Parmesan Polenta w/Truffled Corn-Carrot Broth, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Shaved Manchego Cheese was melt-in-you-mouth Perfection! Hubby raved about his Char-Grilled Scottish Salmon w/Smoked Feta Whipped Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Sundried Tomato Butter and Cucumber Relish, in fact, we had to take pictures of our meals! We split a Chocolate Souffle, just a bit of sweetness to end the evening. Our total bill of $115 was reasonable for all this and we would recommend this place in a heart-beat!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank panielsen
Amherst, New York
“Superb meal!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Ended up at Oceana after a mishap with another reservation at a different restaurant. Boy, were we glad of the mix-up! Right on the water in Frenchtown..beautiful building. Started out with drinks and appetizers. I highly recommend the Cava-jito...a mojito made with Cava sparkling wine. Out of this world! Appetizers were great, as well as the dinner. The seafood was very fresh, and I ordered a tenderloin steak, which melted in your mouth. The deserts were phenomenal also. Delicious Crème Brulee. The service was also top notch. Would definitely go there again!

• Visited January 2014