“THE place to visit while in St Thomas”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I travel extensively and Oceana is one of the best restaurants I have been lucky enough to enjoy. The location is spectacular, the service was great and the food was second to none. The blackened mahi and tuna was delicious. The chef also accommodated my girlfriends dietary/allergy requirements with adjustments to several menu items.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Ambience alone was worth going to this restaurant and then the food was out of this world appetizers and desserts a must. Music goes with the ambience I rated a five star.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant before and have never been let down! 5 of us went late without a reservation and were welcomed and treated warmly. The service was prompt and food was delicious, portions were big so I had dinner the next night too! Thanks Oceana for a super yummy night!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have been to many fine dining restaurants thru the years with children of all ages. However the manager of this restaurant made this visit a nightmare. My grandson, a one year old, had been sitting and behaving for over two hours when he cried for 5 seconds. The manager, Kim Johanson, came up to us to tell us that my grandson was causing a commotion and upsetting other customers. She was rude and condescending and treated my daughter and son in law as if they were yokels not knowing how to behave. DO NOT PATRONIZE Oceana in St. Thomas.

4  Thank Marcia K
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were enjoying a great Thanksgiving meal, ordered apps, drinks, wine, dinner, dessert, after dinner drinks. Needless to say we weren't holding back, we like a good meal. Let me preface this with, we have been to many fine establishments and understand appropriate behavior and respecting other patrons( I understand fine dining, ie. French Laundry). However, when I spend over $350 on a 3 star Mel, I expect exceptional service. Today I did not get that. The manager, Kim Johanson, approached my table after my child cried for 30 seconds. (I had stepped away to the bathroom and his grandmother was comforting him). Well apparently, that was too long, Kim came over and said, " I can't have a crying baby in this restaurant." ( by the way it was an outdoor restaurant). I would never return or recommend based on the management staff. Why have high chairs if you don't want kids ? Worst service I have experienced at a restaurant.

2  Thank Jenn S