“Excellent choice for island dining”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Oceana is a great choice for dining island-style. The setting is gracious and charming with open air covered seating adjacent to the waterfront in Frenchtown. Patricia has honed her style to a keen edge and makes excellent use of the freshest local (and imported) ingredients in a rather straight-forward preparation tweaked with an island influence. Shaun and Christopher were our waiters on separate occasions and both were fantastic. The beet salad, jalapeno-coconut milk mussles, crab cakes, veal porterhouse, tilefish (a spectacular special one night), and fish stew were all excellent. I'm not a dessert person, so I can't comment directly, but the other people at the table were pleased with the ice creams and sorbets.

It's really sad that Craig & Sally's has closed in Frenchtown, however, with Oceana going strong and picking up the slack, there is still a really fine dining option for foodies in the downtown and Frenchtown area. Congrats, Patricia! Job well done!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Four of us went here for dinner and really enjoyed it. We sat outside, about 25 feet from the water. We could hear the waves coming ashore. The restaurant sits in the former site of a very old Russian embassy which was quite elegant. The service was very good and all of us really enjoyed our meals. I had the veal, my wife had steak and the others had seafood.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This restaurant has everything. First off, I'm from the DC area so no sticker shock when there is outstanding food, service, and atmosphere. If you rarely dine in fine places, you should put this place on your list to have that experience. Our server, Irina was incredible! Every bite was delicious from the shrimp bisque to the tilefish my husband enjoyed and filet mignon and shrimp dish I had. She made sure my wine glass always was tended to the paced the evening beautifully. Watching the illuminated cruise ships heading out was a lovely touch. No flaws at Oceana!

1  Thank Pamela K
Reviewed December 4, 2012

By far the best service we had on the Island. The view was great and the food was good. The soup and appetizers were absolutely great. For the man course we got the shrimp and filet. The shrimp was great but the filet was just ok and lacked flavor.

I will definitely return

1  Thank Jheybeerman
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food. The view This place is on a marina where I love to visit and eat at my favorite restaurants. This one I like because of the view and I know the owner.