“Most Amazing Wedding Venue!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Sagesse Hotel, Restaurant & Beach Bar

and 1 more site!
La Sagesse Hotel, Restaurant & Beach Bar
London, United Kingdom
“Most Amazing Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My (now husband) and I stayed here for a week in April-and had our wedding here with 40 of our family and friends. The staff at La Sagesse were fantastic throughout the entire week, were able to support us to have our wedding exactly as we wanted it and were incredibly warm and welcoming to our guests. It was our dream venue and would recommend it to anyone who wants the perfect beach wedding!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xzeniauf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of February when we were decommissioning our boat at nearby Grenada Marine. So when I came back in June on my own to work on the boat for a couple of weeks, I had no hesitation in booking in at La Sagesse. Mr Boney collected me from the airport and I was greeted by Nancy and Jerry and shown to my magnificent room with its own verandah overlooking the palm trees and the beach. Staying here is more like staying with friends in their beautiful and well-staffed home. Everyone from Nancy and Jerry to their wonderful staff (Samantha, John, Wendy et al) are incredibly friendly. So too were the other guests. Everyone chats together over a sundowner before dinner and there was not an evening in the two weeks when I ate on my own. I was very sorry to leave and look forward to my next visit when I return to the boat in January. I have given all categories 5-stars except sleep quality at 3-stars (average)- only because the romantic sound of the waves lapping the beach and the tree frogs chirping away can be quite loud!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tim B
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

WOW!!!! We spent a week here and words can't describe how wonderful this place is! The staff is amazing and enjoyed our conversations with Jerry! They really made you feel like family! Like other reviews said Mr. Boney is the man....so helpful and knowledgeable and if your going hiking have them contact Telfur! It is very quiet so if your looking for nightlife stay on Grand Anse.....the restaurant is awesome...the chef will accommodate any requests ...they made an awesome carrot cake for my daughters birthday! I would recommend the hike to Mt. Qua Qua and be sure to visit one of the many waterfalls on the island and of course have Boney take you to visit the monkeys! We went snorkeling with First Impressions and it was great! The resort isn't fancy but you are steps from the best beach on the island....there is no air-conditioning !!!! I can't wait to go back....

Room Tip: W were in the cottage if you don't like the sound of the ocean and waves this might not be for y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mwaight5
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

If your looking for a getaway-this is it. Quite beautiful beach, easy swimming, plenty of shade and only a few steps away from your door. The grounds were beautiful with tons of flowers including orchids hanging from the trees on the way to the restaurant. The rooms are simple but nicely decorated. No TV, no phone, no wi-fi-what more can you ask for. The resturant was good with changing menues each day. We watched as they purchased fresh fish and lobsters from local fisherman right on the beach so you knew exactly what was going to be on the menue that night.
The rooms are not air conditioned but with plenty of fans we were very comfortable at night. Also without AC you could hear the waves breaking on the beach all night-it was like a sleeping pill. I guess for some people easy access to shopping might be a negative but the local bus stop was very close for a ride into town or they can arrange for a taxi or rental car if needed. We did not find this to be a negative and enjoyed a true Caribbean experience. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get a room in the old mansion house.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas Z
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We hauled our boat in nearby Grenada Marine and needed a place close by to cool off at the end of the decommissioning days. John drove us back and forth each day at a moments notice. The rooms are spacious, clean and the staff is extremely friendly. The restaurant food is excellent and we loved Samantha, our waitress.

Can't say enough about the friendly, helpful, good natured staff.

Room Tip: Email Mike for personal, helpful service.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Glen R
Wells, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Years ago we went stayed at La Sagesse with our teenagers. No TV. No phone. No AC. and somehow it worked. We had a fantastic time in a wonderful paradise. The private (and I mean private) beach was right outside our rooms. The ceiling fan and open windows allowed for just enough coolness, and we got to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. A few weeks ago we cruised into St. George. One look at the city, overrun with tourist and we got a cab to try to go back. It was all that I remembered. The original owner is still there and at 10 am opened the bar for the best rum punch ever. If you want to get away from it all this is for you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peg Y
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Last winter my husband and I visited La Sagesse on a day trip and were so impressed with its quiet remote beauty we decided to book a room for our next visit to the island. We have just returned from our three night stay at La Sagesse and it was everything we hoped for. We were met by taxi at the airport after an overnight flight from NY, arriving at the crack of dawn, and swept off on the half hour drive to the resort. We were quickly checked in and shown to our room, a simple wooden cottage over looking the sea. It was instant infatuation for me. I loved the simple little details of the cottage: the wrap around porch, the four poster bed (so comfortable!!) the scalloped trim on the wardrobe, the cotton quilt bedding, the roomy bathroom. We settled in immediately and felt like it had been our home forever. The cottage is surrounded by lush vegetation with strategic patches open to gaze out at the sea. Our porch had a table and chairs and overhead light so we could sit out in the evenings playing cards and listening to the waves.
The beach was clean and there were plenty of lounge chairs. The water was sparkling and warm. We spent a lot of time swimming out into the middle of the cove and then drifted along the gentle waves, absorbing the 360 degree views of bluffs and thick vegetation.
The resort is small, situated on a long pristine cove of beach, so you never feel crowded. The guests seemed to all feel very relaxed, comfortable and very much at home. The atmosphere is decidedly unpretentious.
We went on several long walks along the bluffs on each side of the cove, climbing up paths along the hills for staggeringly breathtaking views of the coast. Ask for directions, but it is all very easy to navigate once you get your bearings.
The restaurant food ranged from good to very good. Breakfasts were simple. We usually stuck to toast and fruit. Lunches were perhaps a little more formal than we would have wanted but you can always order a simple salad or soup. Dinners were comfortable and casual with a nice menu to choose from. One afternoon a shipment of fish came in including a stunning 35lb. mahi that we got to admire before it was cooked. That night's dinner featured the fresh fish and was a memorable treat. The side dishes impressed me the most: fabulous potato salad, herbed rice, sauteed vegetables. I was initially dubious of the beet salad dressing as beets are not one of my favorite vegetables, but it was really really good and I am going to attempt to recreate it at home!

La Sagesse is well off the beaten path, which suited us perfectly. Between the walks and the swimming we were well entertained on our three day stay. My only wish would be for some cooking facilities in the cottage as I would have liked to been able to prepare some of my own meals (especially if I were contemplating a longer stay) or even to just make some coffee or tea. The beach towels were a bit on the threadbare side. But the days were so warm and comfortable it did not really seem like much of an issue.

The staff at La Sagesse were all very kind and friendly. Every request was met with a helpful response. We would love to return again, requesting a cottage room (the porch and wooden details seemed more our style than the other rooms) and to spend our time enjoying this really charming and unique hidaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank theheadchef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint David Parish
Petite Anse Hotel Grenada
Petite Anse Hotel Grenada
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel &...
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Blue Horizons Garden Resort
Blue Horizons Garden Resort
#5 of 11 in Grand Anse
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Been to La Sagesse Hotel, Restaurant & Beach Bar? Share your experiences!