“Beautiful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Heliconia

La Heliconia
“Beautiful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have recently stayed at the Helconia Hotel and Spa in Point Salines in Grenada and had the most beautiful experience of my life. The Owners, Mr and Mrs Francis and Debbie Bishop was way and beyond accommadating to me. I spent seven days and reluctantly left for Trinidad on September 7th. I highly recommend this hotel and spa to anyone who expects a true bang for their buck and a place where you find, "Honest Customer Service and Loyalty" at it's best!!!

Mrs Bishop also arranged sightseeing tours and took me personnally, to the Art and Craft area in St Georges.

Angela Dillah,

Room Tip: Most of the "Apartments" comes equipped with kitchen, living room and wraparound porches...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
You were such a pleasant guest to have at La Heliconia. Thank you for booking us. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself, not only here at La Heliconia, but also in Grenada. Glad that you enjoyed your tours, I was happy to help! I also enjoyed having lunch out with you also. Your a true friend!

Kind Regards

Debbie and Francis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am a consultant that had to travel to most of the Caribbean islands with a very tigth agenda, therefore very stressed with regards to my time in each island. I have to say that I was very successful in Grenada due to Debbie, the owner of the La Heliconia. She picked me up very late, due to a delay in the flight and some paperwork, however almost three hours after she took me to her hotel and I felt renovated after a wonderful "homestyle dinner". Next day, after explaning to her how complicated was my agenda she volunteered to take me to every business meeting I had in a very "English manner style", something that made me and my company felt very respectful. I want publicly to thanks Debbie and his husband for all they made for me in my transit in the wonderful and beatiful Grenada Island. Debbie again God Bless you. Thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad I was able to help you full fill all your meetings in a short space of time. I 'm sure you will be back to follow up on them! Don't work to hard, and take care. A good month to be remembered!

Kind Regards

Carriacou Island, Grenada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

As I live in Carriacou, an island north of Grenada, I always stay with Francis and Debbie at the La Heliconia when travelling back and forth to the UK. The accommodation is always spotless, with flat-screen tv, air-conditioning and a fully equipped self-contained kitchen and I love the big showers - with the best fluffy towels!! La Heliconia is just around the corner from the airport and Francis is most obliging in picking up/ dropping off, it is also very conveniently located on a frequent bus route. The bar and restaurant are spacious, beautifully decorated with a lovely cool breeze. I have recommended La Heliconia to many, many people all of whom have been most pleasantly surprised by the accommodation and the lovely warm welcome they have received.

Room Tip: I always book room 101 on the lower - very convenient to access with too much luggage!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I know you dearly love it here, and we are both happy to have you with us, during your trips back and forth. 101 will always be yours....

Lets hope you will be able to stay longer one day, so we can catchup, and go out for a drink. Thanks again.

Warm Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at La Heliconia for a total of 4 days and loved every minute of it! It's in a great location near to St.Georges, and very close to the airport with free airport pick-up. The staff were all really nice and accommodating, and one of the owners, Debbie, felt like family by the time I left! The restaurant/bar area was very pretty, and my breakfasts there were always brilliant - especially good as they were very happy to cater for my vegan diet.

My room was large and comfortable with all the trimmings, a wonderful shower and much appreciated air conditioning! I also got a manicure and pedicure at the on-site spa, which I enjoyed greatly. There's also a lovely sun roof with recliners, which a lounged about on quite often. All in all, a great place for a very reasonable price. I would recommend it to anyone and would love to go back again. Five stars!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! It was a pleasure to have you here with us.
Sorry I was not there when you had to fly back. Now you have a new family, and hope to see you again soon!
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the La Heliconia near Point Saline, Grenada. The accomadations were excellent, very clean and comfortable. I had one of the apartments on the top floor and it afforded a panoramic view with a lot of room to spread out. The food was great and the staff made me feel welcomed from the start.
Most important however were the Bishops' who are the owner operators.They both went out of their way to make me feel at home with all of my needs and that included some spirited conversations in the lounge area while being cooled by the ocean breezes, this made my solo stay extra special.
A short walk to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island was essential during the week I stayed at La Heliconia I was there every day.
Grand Anse beach (the main beach in St Georges) is a short $7 ec bus ride away as is the main city of St Georges only $10 ec. The bus drivers are friendly and treat tourists very well.

Room Tip: The front rooms provide the breezes and great view of the ocean. Walk to airport is 15 minutes. Buse...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Glad you enjoyed our company through out your stay. It was very nice having you here with us.also, Bishop will surly miss your lovely chats in the evenings.

Next time your back, hope you get to experience our Day Spa!

Once again, thank you very much.

Kind Regards Debbie and Francis
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was all we expected and more. Lovely people (the owners). More like Sister and Brother to us.
Looked after our needs,(special diet etc) and the meals were tasty. Couldn't have done it myself.
Accommodation ...fabulous and breezy.
Landmarks and sites, interesting.
Gouyave..a place to visit on Friday nights..."Fish Friday"
The La Heliconia is worth it. I, we love the place.

Lionel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your most kind comments! We also enjoyed having you and your family with us. I think that's the beauty living on site, and enjoying our Guest company. I am sure you miss your little swim on the beach every morning. Next time your back with your family, I will also join you for an early morning duck on the beach. Glad that you enjoyed all the beautiful sites!

Once again, Thank you! Your new found Sister and Brother, Francis and Debbie
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very friendly family that's how they made us feel (won't call them staff). Everyone was very helpful going out of their way to please us. Great food, nice clean rooms, very breezy if you wanted natural air and with air-condition if you wanted it. Location superb, with family knowledgeable about the island and offered good advice about places of interest and how to get there,Will definitely stay there again and would unreservedly recommend it to anyone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind response! We are so pleased that you also enjoyed our company together with our Apartments. I know it was a short break! but glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing you soon again!

All the best, your new found friends Debbie and Francis Bishop