“Hibiscus Valley Inn a fantastic place by the river!”

Hibiscus Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Marigot B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2009

A fantastic place by the river!

Very relaxing place nice food, nice staff and a very nice river.
It was a great experince for me and my family.
The tours where very funny and exciting.
It was the best three week´s I have ever spent with my family.

I wish to go back there every day and my family can´t stop
takling about it.
After a good hike the hamok is the best place the be with a good book.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed January 6, 2009

hi my name is sara, i hadent been in dominica for a long time, but came back in august to stay att the hibiscus valley in. it is a plesant place it brings calm. being on the island takes all your stress away. people are friendly. it is just fri upp as they say =) i went on a few hikes that was nice but when went the boiling lake, that is a experiance i will carry for the rest of my life it was so cool. i would like to come back soon hibiscus. i would rekomend hibiscusvallyinn

Reviewed November 7, 2008

Our family visited Dominica and chose the Hibiscus Valley Inn for the first portion of our trip. We had three adults and our 7 year old. The property is a short distance from the Melville Hall airport. The inn has three bungalows that each have two rooms. The rooms are rustic and wonderful, everything I wanted from a trip to Dominica. It is true that the showers in the rooms do not have heated water. But between two of the bungalows is an outdoor shower that has warm water and has a little palm frond privacy area. Perfectly sufficient and kind of fun. The inn is across the street from the river and an area where cruise guests come for a jungle day. They only use that area and not the inn itself. The only time we ran into cruise people was at a waterfall on a tour. I loved swinging in our hammock strung on the porch listening to the zandolis,watching the sun sink, or a storm rolling in. The setup of the bungalows was great with the two rooms, so our family had the whole bungalow at the top of the hill. Nigel the chef was so warm and friendly and I always felt like he gave us specialized treatment somehow. The meals were mostly chicken, veggies and fruits. There are little options for food, except for when you are in Rousseau. When we left, the staff came out and waved and it was sad like we were leaving close friends, even though we only knew them for 5 days. We booked their Adventure Package which included daily tours of the island. We saw amazing waterfalls, the Indian River, River tubing, and the carib territory. Our favorite guide was Kenny who has such a sweet, easy going demeanor with a wonderful smile. It's truly amazing how he can take you to these hugely muddy places and keep his boots perfectly clean. We brought 50lbs of school supplies with us and the inn arranged for us to visit a small village school. The entire school came out and sang to us. A video is on the internet of our school visit, it was so moving I cried. No, Hibiscus Valley Inn is not a luxury, pamper me resort. It is a rustic and wonderful getaway that we will never forget.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I stayed at Hibiscus Valley Inn with my husband and i had an excelent time there. The staff are really nice and they really welcome us!

Carina was really helpful while were there, so was Nigel, Vincia, Cecil and Agnus. Not forgetting also scotty, the dog, who were always with us. He really entertain us when chasing after the lizards.

One of the most amazing thing was the river right accross the road. Oh perfect opportunity to take a nice cool bath, especially when the weather is hot.

I will definetly recommend this guest house to all visitors coming to Dominica.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My boyfriend and I booked the "Adventure Package" with HV and had a wonderful time. The bungalows are charming; they have electricity, mosquito nets over the beds, they provide you w/towels and you have your own private bathroom! Compared to our last trip, this was luxury! The bathrooms have no hot water but there is an outside hot shower if you really wanted one. The meals are quite good but can seem a little light if you like to eat a lot. The staff was very approachable and friendly. Corina can answer any questions, and Nigel and Vincia are the friendly cooks. The tours were well organized and we enjoyed them very much. It does take an hour to get to a few of the tour sites but it's nice being able to sit back and just look at the scenery. Our tour guide was Cecil and he was awesome. He'd stop to explain plants and fruits and let us stop and take pictures along the way too. Bring plenty of sunscreen, bugs were minimal and your swimsuit! We were in them ~75% of the time.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My friends and I had a wonderful experience in Hibiscus Inn. They were very kind in providing us with rooms when we didn’t have a prior reservation. When we landed in Dominica, we found out that the hotel that we had booked thru hostel world has been closed for a year. So our taxi driver took us to Hibiscus Inn. The staff there was really helpful specially Nigel and Venicia. While we were there, the owner’s family was visiting from Sweden but we had no problems. In fact we enjoyed their company. It was like a big family re-union.
My special thanks go to Cecil who took us on the tour of the island and introduced us to the most beautiful place on earth. People of Dominica have made a conscious effort to keep their island as natural as possible and as a result, it is the most serene place that I have ever seen. The location of Hibiscus Valley Inn is perfect, with a river running just across the street, where we went swimming and tubing. Agnes, our tubing guide was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Our room at the Inn had a balcony with an exceptional view of the garden surrounding the inn. I spent countless hours on the hammock listening to the sounds of the river and the rain forest. The food was great, though a little expensive. Everything we ate was naturally produced in the island. The pumpkin soup prepared by Nigel on our first night at the inn was exceptional and we still compare that with soup that we eat at other places. My review won’t be complete if I don’t mention Bob and Scotty, the “guard dogs” at the inn. Bob had a broken leg so he couldn’t move much. But Scotty was always with us, sleeping outside our door, going on walks with us and entertaining us by chasing lizards and other sundry animals that came within his range.
I would love to go back there and stay for a longer period.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We arrived at night with no place to stay because the hotel we had booked had been closed for two years! The taxi brought us to Hibiscus Inn and they took us in and fed us. They were gracious hosts and the place is absolutely beautiful. It's in a rural area and the rooms are on stilts in the trees. The grounds are picturesque and you feel like you're really in a tree-house in the rain forest. The meals are gourmet and the hospitality is excellent. The hotel will provide tours of the island and other activities if you want. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank gayford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Fort Young Hotel
#1 of 4 in Castle Bruce
Rosalie Bay Resort
Rosalie Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Rosalie

Been to Hibiscus Valley Inn? Share your experiences!