Hibiscus Valley Inn
$107
$75
Calibishie Cove(Calibishie)
TripAdvisor
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
Hotels.com
Secret Bay(Portsmouth)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverother guestseco lodgetropical gardengreat place to staynice walkingher daughterusing local ingredientsbungalow roomnature loversbeautiful surroundingsnatural poolceiling fannatural beautyrental carrum punchnigel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed the wonderful ambiance of this place, the paintings, the flowers, the great meals. At dinners meeting folks from Europe and having lively discussions was an added and unexpected delight. Hiking with the guides was the best, we learned so much about the island history and nature. Incredible treats to see the cacao and cashew plants. I had a swim in Emerald pool all to myself, heaven.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Me and a friend of mine spent two amazing nights at the Hibiscus Valley Inn in July 2012.
The Inn is absolutely the best place to stay at when you are discovering the north of Dominica and the Carib territory! Malin, the swedish owner, gave us a very warm welcome and we immediately felt like a part of the "Hibiscus family" including the friendly staff, the other guests and of course the two cute dogs.
The bungalows are beautifully furnished with many thoughtful details such as wall paintings, mosquito nets over the beds that make you feel like a princess ;) and hammocks.

If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask Malin or her mother for advice. They have been living in Dominica for a long time and know the country and its nice people very well. We even went out one evening with her and her friends.
Furthermore, several activities are offered by the hotel such as tours to the most important sights and river tubing on the river closeby. We did it and it was a really fun adventure.

The food offered at the hotel was also VERY good, affordable and cosy. All the guests are dining together and we had great conversation going on. For dinner, we had chicken with local vegetables and an excellent curry-salad. For dessert, a variety of fresh fruits.

At the end of our stay, we were sad to leave the Hibiscus and I would definitely stay there again. Go there, I recommend it with all my heart.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nigel and happy dogs, Scotty and Jack, are the most welcoming, enjoyable company. My one night in the Hibiscus Vally Inn was terrific. Beautiful grounds and location and the best salad ever, made by Nigel. Great infused rums and wonderful company.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My brother and I spent 10 fun days in a very cosy bungalow. We had 5 preeboked adventures which all included breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each day was a completelly new adventure. We went hiking to the boiling lake (most amazing nature on the way aswell as at the lake), rivertubing, met the carib indians, saw some waterfalls and learned about the rainforest and eveything they grow on Dominica. All the staff and guides are excellent, they are really friendly and made this a great stay. If you like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies this place is the best, they filmed many sceens on Dominca and the guides know all about them and some even worked on the productions.The hotel is situated in the middle of the rainforest so for the days you haven't booked any of their excursions we strongly recomend that you rent a car (4x4). Remember, when you stay at Hibiscus the rainforest is at you doorstep.

Room Tip: The bungalows doesn't have A/C but the rooms in the mainbuilding have.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I just came back from my trip to Dominica and it was great! The Inn is such a lovely place to stay and I would definitely recommend it. Prior my arrival the staff was very helpful with answering my questions. Nora, the owner, was right on spot and very attentive. I did not rent a car but joined guided tours arranged through the Inn. Since I was traveling by myself I was glad I met a couple at the Inn and we toured together, a minimum of 2 pax is required for the activities. We loved Kim as the guide, he did a great job. The Boiling Lake Hike was my favorite one, it was definitely worth the pain!
The food - local cuisine - was very nice as well! I originally had booked a standard room but upgraded to a bungalow once I arrived. The hammock on the porch was nice to relax after a tour day.
I can only say good things about the Inn, I really enjoyed it and definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo