My husband I stayed at Pagua Bay House for a week in December. This is our second visit to Dominica and Pagua Bay House. We were there about 5 years earlier and returned because of our excellent experience. Our second stay was even more fantastic than the first! We loved every minute of it! They have been very busy at PBH adding new cabanas, a restaurant and a pool. It is really awesome and all their hard-work shows. The place is beautifully designed and operated. The owners really have taken great care in putting this place together with every little detail considered. It is so nice to have such a welcoming place to stay on your travels. As well as all the modern amenities you need when you are at a place so far from home. We booked close to our desired travel dates therefore to accommodate us we had to move rooms during our stay. Which actually worked out great because each room offered something different for us to experience. The first room we stayed in was Room 5. It was simply amazing! It has its own huge outdoor living space just behind the main door to the room. This space included its own plunge pool, hammock, sectional sofa, Adirondack chairs and sunning chairs. Then the room itself is simple but elegant with warm touches of Caribbean color and fresh flowers. The room has a desk, a TV (which I would not think you would find but was a welcome way to wind down at the end of a hard day exploring the island), AC (if you desire but the breeze off the bay is plenty to keep the room comfortable) and a stocked mini-fridge. The king bed was so comfy with great feather top and wonderful sheets. The bathroom was huge! It was the largest open air shower I have ever seen. You could open the shutters and look right out to the ocean – very cool! Room 6 was just as spectacular with some different highlights. Behind the main door there was a huge deck with a bird’s eye view of the property and the bay. This room did not have the plunge pool but had a great huge soaker tub, which I loved (with comfy robes to follow). The property itself was just gorgeous but the people that own and run the property were fantastic! They were so helpful in navigating the island and what to do. Some highlights for us were the Emerald Pool, Red Rocks, Batibou Beach. They also set up massages for us and a yoga session. The rest of the staff was also top notch. The servers, the cleaning crew and the security guards… everyone was so friendly and genuinely concerned that we enjoy our stay. The food and drink were simply delicious (see my review on the restaurant). We stayed for a week and ate all but about three or four meals at the resort and everyday it was something new and delicious! Oh and you must try the Centipede punch! Needless to say it was a fantastic experience and we can’t wait to return for a third time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica’s tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot