I can't say enough good things about Pagua Bay House, owners Rick and Alicia, and their incredible staff -- Jenny, Laureen, Jessie, Mikey, Bryan, et al! From the second I stepped out of the taxi -- and ordered my first Centipede rum punch! :-) -- to the last moment I left, with Rick and Alicia personally escorting me to my car, it couldn't have been better. The setting is stunning -- right on the bay, with the sound of waves 24/7 (your own personal white noise machine!), immaculately maintained, and even sweet Sarafina (the dog), sleeping or sitting quietly while waiting for a pat on the head. My cabana (#3) was wonderful -- all the comforts of home (and more), nice amenities, fully stocked mini-bar, guest robes, cable TV (even though who would want to waste time watching TV here???). And the food . . . in a word, YUM! Be sure to try the local crayfish and ginger glazed mahi, and if you're lucky, they'll have the fresh lobster ravioli special. The best part of Pagua Bay is the personal touch Rick, Alicia and their whole staff have perfected. Examples: 1) I mentioned I liked papaya, and they made sure they had it for my fruit plate every morning. 2) I arrived sick and had to spend two days in bed. They made a trip to town to get medicine for me at the pharmacy, and everyone checked on me several times a day, brought me soup, and set up a tea kettle for me. 3) Rick and Alicia spend big amounts of time with every new guest to get them oriented, give them itinerary ideas according to their preferences, call and line up guides, call to make bookings, etc. People all over the island know Rick and Alicia, so you just drop their name, and you get great service! It's a testimonial to their good standing in the community that people know them, respect them, and smile when you mention their name. Don't book anywhere else, and if you have to stay somewhere else, do yourself a favor and swing by the property for lunch. I look forward to a return to Pagua Bay house and the lovely island of Dominica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica's tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot