Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas
$100
Hibiscus Valley Inn(Marigot)(Great Value!)
$44
$123
$107
$90
$75
All reviewsfish tacosocean wavesrum punchgarden suitehelped us planboutique hotelrestaurant barthe entire stafflounge chairshairpin turnsprivate poolowners and staffthe east coastair conditionerspacious bathroomevery mealminutes from the airport
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We loved Pagua Bay House. We arrived in the dark and went to bed listening to birds and insects, making their voices heard. It was like being in the middle of the forest – but all so pleasant as we were inside our lovely comfortable room. And what a beautiful surprise awaited us first thing in the morning. We watched the sunrise over the ocean, sipping tea whilst hummingbirds flew, dipping in and out of the hibiscus flowers. It was a great start to our vacation. The staff were great. They were most welcoming and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We knew most of them by first names on day one. Our first introduction to the Caribbean was indeed memorable and we hope to return

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I live in Portsmouth, Dominica and he is in school to become a physician. He is extremely busy all the time so when he had the afternoon off I knew exactly where to take him for lunch. The food is DELICIOUS and the service is great (even for American standards). We were able to 100% relax on the comfortable wooden chairs overlooking the ocean sipping lattes. I've been there about 5 times and every single time is a total treat in luxury. We plan to stay overnight in a few weeks and can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start out by saying ; between my husband and I, we have several...if not dozens, of Caribbean stays under our belts now. But...we have never visited the same accommodations twice..until now.
When we left Pagua Bay House a year ago, we knew we just had to come back. It is indeed even better the second time around.
With this past year's addition of 2 more luxury rooms, a restaurant/bar and infinity pool now conviently located all on the main property, there is a serene, cool sense of completion.
Complete relaxation surrounded by spectacular views of ocean front and mountain sides. We fell asleep every night in the now infamous "most comfortable beds in the Caribbean", lulled to the hypnotic sounds of Atlantic surf hugging the shores.
We stayed in one of the new suites, The Ocean Suite. Gorgeous! Spacious private outdoor space for sun bathing, catching a sunrise.....sipping a cocktail while watching waves, or peacefully reading your book, greets you as you open the rich wooden door. This private huge balcony is incredible to say the least.
Inside the room we were treated to an enormous two person soaker tub...absolutely perfect after a long adventurous day spent hiking Dominica's many lush trails and fresh waterfalls. And of course, a king sized bed to sink into.Bliss!
Modern concrete design married with natural island flare creates the minimal yet exotic style sense throughout PBH. Every detail is attended to with clean lines and soothing colours. Complete with beautiful fresh floral displays in our room!
I highly recommend arranging for a massage on your own private balcony to start your stay.
All the staff at PBH, Gabby...Khalima...Jennillia..Lisa and Helena took great care of us throughout our stay. Always cheerful and smiling we enjoyed all their gracious attention. Mikey deserves a big TY for helping my husband better understand power generation ; )
I spent plenty of my afternoons sitting pool side around the infinity pool sipping Pagua Bay Breezes....an incredibly refreshing afternoon cocktail! My husband can atest to the powerful punch of a PB Centipede rum punch! The island's best rum drink!
How I ever missed out on the wonderful fish tacos last year, I will never know. This year however I had my fare share of these fabulous fresh delights...those and the best nachos ever. My husband enjoyed some of the best ribs he said he had ever eaten too.
All the food at PBH that I enjoyed was fresh...tasty..and prepared to perfection. Try the breakfast burritos...wow! With Dominican ginger hot sauce...amazing!
Rick and Alicia go above and beyond for their guests in order to assure you a memorable stay. They are a wealth of information regarding island activities, places to visit, guides, car hires, the best places to eat and drink. Always warm and welcoming, this couple have a gem of spot on Dominica and they love sharing it with you. What a treat it is to be so warmly welcomed into their place, and introduced to this amazing island through Rick and Alicia's eyes.
A 3rd time around at PBH??...absolutely! I only wish we could keep this truly original vacation spot at PBH all to ourselves...but all I can say is go! You will not be dissappointed!
We can not wait to return... : )

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank PipCheedwell
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A group of us - as in, 35 people, arrived at Pagua Bay for lunch....without any advance notice.

The owners and staff could not have been nicer about our surprise visit. They welcomed us, they watered us, they fed us and they did it all with smiles. A true treasure of a place on this lush, wonderful island.

I had the Coconut Rum Punch - sooo delicious, it was like dessert. My husband had the standard Rum Punch and he said it the best he had throughout our entire trip. The staff served us lunch from the menu without any problem and the food was really good and delivered quickly.

Beautiful view, impressive management, great drinks, delicious food...and a friendly, family dog to boot. What could be better in the Caribbean?

Can't wait to return one day.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristina A
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We spent there our last day on Dominica. Hotel is beautifully located with a view on Pagua Bay. It has comfortable and luxurious rooms. We enjoyed very good food and great drinks next to the pool with amazing view on the sea and Pagua Bay. Owners are super friendly and were very helpful in advising best places to see on Dominica. It is a good place if you are looking for privacy and want to relax. It is also conveniently located 10 minutes drive from the airport.
By the way, try a fresh green fruit juice from a strange local fruit recommended by the owners :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple