“Great location, amazing food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Leonel et Amarilis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vinales
Casa Leonel et Amarilis
Ranked #37 of 200 Vinales B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Found this case by chance and the location was great. Amarilis really made us feel at home and her son, who spoke english and French, helped us to organise horseriding and walking. Amarilis is also a superb cook and made an amazing lobster feast!! Definitely recommended!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We got into Leonel's Casa by chance as the accomodation we wanted to book originally was full and we were really grateful for that! Leonel and Amarilis are such friendly people who try to make all your wishes come true. The food is great and the balcony is a great place to watch the condors and have a cigarre with Leonel. As Vinales is small you can reach everything by foot in a couple of minutes. Try to do the horse trip with the guy Leonel recommends, it's worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I only had one night in Vinales, but thanks to Leonel I was able to see a lot and had excellent food! I arrived around lunch time and Amarilis made a delicious plate of fish for me. After lunch they helped me organize a horse riding tour through the valley. After the tour Amarilis prepared an amazing lobster dinner for me. The fridge in my room was well stocked with beer and bottled water which was nice. In the evening, there son who speaks excellent English took me to the local salsa club. The next morning I ate an excellent breakfast with lots of fresh fruit on the patio overlooking the valley. Then Leonel arranged a taxi for me (the driver had a '57 Studebaker) and I was able to visit Cuevo del Indio and Mural de la Prehistoria before I had to head to Havana.

Leonel and family were such outstanding hosts. I'm still amazed I was able to do so much in such a short stay. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Nice and agreable place to stay. Leonel and Amarilis are very helpful and will help you to organise your trip in Vinales if you need to. The rooms are simple but nice and tidy. You can also enjoy the small terrasse during the day. Inconvenient : there is a lot of roosters in Vinales, so don\'t forget your earplugs ! Good food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Wow, this family is super friendly and enthusiastic. From the moment we got there we felt extremely welcome. It was definitely the most 'Cuban' experience we had at any of the casa particulars we stayed at. Nothing was a problem, and they were so kind and generous it was fantastic. Definitely worth staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happytraveller3003
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the best time during our 5 nights in Vinales at the Casa of Leonel and Amarilis. By far was it the best casa particular we stayed in Cuba.
Every night we had wonderful chats with Leonel and Amarillis and they were so warm and friendly. I also loved the food Amarilis cooked, as being a vegetarian I hadn't had much variety on the trip but some how these guys got their hands on soymeat and every night was super tasty! The room was great with fridge and we ate on the balcony with a great views for every meal. Ricky the dog was also a ball of cuteness, as were the 5 baby puppies across the road we got to play with (Ricky is the likely dad). All up, what a wonderful time and I'll be sending any friend or family member straight to Leonel and Amarilis if they go to Cuba!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Solana P
Inuvik, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our casa in Trinidad arranged the stay at Leonel y Amarilis in Vinales. Are we ever glad! We stayed 2 nights, then went out to Cayo Levisa for 3 nights, before returning for another 4 nights. Leonel and Amarilis are great! Guests' comfort is their top priority. The rooms are great and private.

The first night in Vinales, we were treated to a night of Cuban cigars, mojitos and their son, Jose, singing/playing traditional songs on his guitar (all under the starry skies) on the terrace. Of course, we had to go out with Jose for a musical night in Vinales.

Great breakfasts served under the guava tree on the terrace every morning as you look out over the valley. We felt (as previous reviewers) that we were part of the family. They did our laundry and we shared so many laughs and stories (and I learned more Spanish too).

Both are teachers and one afternoon we ran into Amarilis' class at the plaza. Lots of pictures that I have to send back! We really love Vinales and are planning on heading back to Leonel y Amarilis - with a bit more Spanish!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Casa Leonel et Amarilis? Share your experiences!