2,912 results
All reviews general store plunge pool carriage house gospel breakfast pink sand washer dryer the air conditioning stayed in building the cliff emerald city ocean breeze rum punch time share zen restaurant full kitchen garden view grocery store
Reviewed June 25, 2018

2nd time at the Crane. Loved the place the 1st time so came back with my In-Laws as a gift for Father's Day and my Mother In-Laws birthday. Booked a 2 Bed Suite with 28 ft pool for 1 week. Big Mistake!!!

Night 1, sitting in the living room and a mouse comes out from under the floor vase. Every time I screamed it would go back in, then come back out again. Notified the front desk, they send Security who says there is nothing he can do, said he would let housekeeping know. Also, told the place is sold out so there is nowhere they could move us. Meanwhile as I go outside on the patio our building (8) and the next one (9) the majority of the rooms are pitch black. There's barely anyone in the 2 buildings and we neither saw nor heard any other quests near our ground level suite the entire week. We were the only ones in our room category between the 2 buildings....yet they couldn't move us anywhere.

When we sat at the dining table, one of the chairs had a big red stain. And if you leaned on the table it would lift and was very wobbly. Night 2 is when I found out my In-Laws room was missing the knob to turn on the shower! How do you turn over a room to guests where they can't use the shower??? Then night 3 I found out my In-Laws Jacuzzi didn't have a stopper! So here we have the same bathroom where you cant use the shower or jacuzzi! And to top off this horrible bathroom, there was a pipe leaking from the ceiling. The pipe leaked water all over the bathroom floor. My Father In Law walks in to use the restroom and falls and breaks his ankle!! A bathroom with no shower knob, no stopper to the Jacuzzi and a leaking ceiling pipe under no circumstances should be rented to any quest. I cant believe someone cleaned this room and didn't notice any of these issues. In my opinion this room was used for parts only to fix other rooms. Then, somehow we got stuck with it.

The Crane's response to my Father In-Law's fall was give us extra housekeeping services. Everyday someone was bringing us bottled water and fruit platters. They also gave my Father In-Law a voucher for a 1 week stay to return to The Crane, which at this point I'm not sure why he would. Its already known, The Crane has mice and the rooms are not properly maintained yet are still rented to guest.

Yes the grounds are beautiful, but guest safety is paramount. And let's be really honest. The elevator to the beach wasn't working when I stayed here last year, and it wasn't working when I stayed here this year and I'm sure it hasn't been working properly for years. The room telephones do not work properly either. I pressed the Concierge button several times, just to be sent directly to Housekeeping. My uncle called several times and said he left messages and I only received one message. When you call the front desk, sometimes they answer sometimes they do not.

The communication between departments are poor. Management does not speak to each other. I went to the front desk to let them know how I felt about our stay on our last day. The Manager on duty Karen, said she only knew about the fall nothing else. Not sure how that is possible. After my Father In Law fell I asked to speak to a Manager, the Night person said there is no night manager and to tell my grievances to Security. I try to tell Security and they say to wait until the morning and tell a manager, because there is no way to tell if it would get the powers that be. A lot of refusing to take responsibility at this resort, sorry to say. Some one even left a card to the Housekeeping manager for us to call to him to take care of the mouse. Sorry didn't know if I worked at the Crane.

It wasn't after my Father In-Law fell that miraculously things started to get fixed. Someone showed up to bait the mouse, the shower and Jacuzzi was fixed also. Well the fall happened on the 3rd night, that is unacceptable for matters to be addressed on the 4th night of a 7 night stay. I tried several times to get and contact with the manager Sean Alleyne. He still has not returned my calls, voicemail or visit to the front desk. When checking out, the manager Karen had no concept of how an entire vacation can be ruined by these events. She categorized our grievances by days, which day was good and which day was not. NO, it was the entire stay. It was a group event, it was group stay, we lost part of group from an injury. You spend everyday of trip worrying if the mouse is going to come out. You spend your time in the bedroom instead of the living room because you don't want to see a mouse. Making sure your don't lean on the table as your plate may land on your lap. Dealing with your 5 year old daughter crying because "Grandpoppie hurt himself real bad." Even having your 5 year old daughter and her elderly grandparents in a room with so many hazards. AND NO ONE OFFERING TO CHANGE THE ROOM!! Pipe was still leaking even after supposedly fixed. Guess we know just to walk around the water now. How dare The Crane charge anyone one cent for these rooms and experiences.

What a disappointment. We did enjoy the 28 ft pool and the Gospel Breakfast, Julia and the rest of the housekeeping staff and Darren and Jamar from security. There was so many issues that were preventable. It's the seaweed they can't prevent! This was our experience at the Crane, hope yours is better.

Room tip: Make sure you check everything when you get to your room. There may be things missing like the knob to turn on the shower.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank slamin g
CraneBarbados, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear slamin g,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay. Your experience was an unfortunate and extreme departure from our established standards and as such, we offered as compensation a 2-night refund, a complimentary return stay for 7-nights and covered all resulting medical bills from your father-in-law’s fall. We also followed up with daily calls to your suite, reaching your father-in-law who kept us updated with his progress. However, we were unfortunately unable to facilitate a room move since your room category was fully booked at the time of your stay.

While you and I did not have the opportunity to speak directly, I did meet with your father-in-law to express our apologies for the incident and inconveniences experienced during your stay during which time I extended the above compensation. I also personally followed up with him with several times throughout the duration of his stay.

Please be assured that we have reviewed the service and communication failures you experienced with our entire team as we are committed to creating exceptionally memorable and enjoyable experiences for each and every guest. We do hope your family takes us up on our offer to return so that we may create the true Crane experience for you all.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I felt unsafe there. Was walking in a short large dress from the room to the pool, and to the beach, and got a ton of unwanted attention. The place is gorgeous, well kept, but the management should handhold their staff to the next level. Other small things, like paucity of towels, malfunctioning A/C that took over 24 h to be repaired, room level changed (upgraded?? I dont thnk so) without even asking us and explaning us the type of room and amenities, terrible children club, pool closed most of the time, limited restaurant choice when we went, etc.. I left with a sour feeling: I had high expectations and they were not satisfied.

Room tip: make sure you check what exactly each room level entails. Floor also matter!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank luvaspina
Reviewed June 21, 2018

This would have been our 4th or 5th stay at the Crane, we had a beautiful time ,the couples package was excellent value for money. Will be back for sure. The Garden rooms are always our favorite as they offer a complete escape, should you wish your own peace and quiet.

Room tip: Garden rooms with a pool always a little home away from home.
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank KevanK1

Dear Kevan K,

Thank you for sharing this review. We are thrilled to note that you continue to enjoy your experiences with us, as this is always our aim.

It is always a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you again when you return in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Beautiful resort and the nicest people! However, this review is for Stanley, the gentleman who works for The Crane and was in a green polo shirt on the day of 6.15.18.
Our friend lost their cell phone on the tale end of their trip and Stanley went out of his way to help us locate the phone and if it wasn't for him, we would not have found it.
He was a impressive professional, caring staff member and true gentleman and helped us end our travel experience on a high note.
To The Crane Management Team - please commend Stanley and thank him from the bottom of our hearts as he left us with we realized was the best part of our visit to Barbados: the kindness and courtesy of the Barbados people. We surely plan to return in the not too distant future!

Regards,
The Dixon's from California, U.S.A

Room tip: make sure the beach at the hotel is available for swimming!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

The resort moved my wife and I up to the next level of a one bedroom. We got ocean front and our own small pool. The deck was large and the one bedroom was large and very well equipped. We only turned on the air conditioning at night. The swim pools were very good. Loved the coffee shop with the fresh pastries and the bar. They make the best rum punch on the island. The visits to both rum locations were very good.

Date of stay: May 2018
CraneBarbados, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Fred G,

Thank you for sharing this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! It was certainly our pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you again in the future for another Crane experience.

Warmest regards,