The main selling point of the Crane must be the excellent beach and wonderful ocean views. The sand is fine and soft and the sea, though it does crash in much more than on the west of the island, is not too rough. The beach is not too crowded and feels much more private than elsewhere on the island.
We stayed in a top floor 2-bed apartment (marvellous 20ft high ceilings and great views). The rooms were huge and generally of a high quality. Not all of the finishes and fittings were quite what might be expected of a top class hotel but the accommodation was generally of a very high quality. The aircon worked (though it wasn't the most efficient, but no problems), the water was fine (I think, though didn't check, that the hot water is probably heated through solar energy on the roof of each block - that would be sensible and would fit with the fact that the hot water was generally a few degrees warmer later in the day). All the staff seemed friendly and service in the restaurant was good.
The building work did not present a problem (though the hotel will certainly be much nicer when its completed) and the current discount on prices seems very fair.
If you want 5 star quality service then Sandy Lane or Villa Nova are perhaps better places to stay in Barbados. The Crane offers good standards of service and accommodation in an outstanding location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish