This was our fourth visit to to Barbados, but our first at The Crane. We stayed in late April in a one bedroom suite with plunge pool in building 8 overlooking the amazing Crane beach. The view from the fourth floor was spectacular and we regularly sat on our huge balcony watching the sunrise over the beach - something we will never forget and can't wait to see again.
From our arrival and our first taste of their legendary rum punch, to the day we left, the service was friendly and efficient. Everyone we met at The Crane was genuinely happy to help and went out of their way to make our stay special. This personal touch is something that is rare in both The UK and The USA, but is something we have often experienced from the relaxed and friendly people of Barbados.
Crane Beach has been named by many as one of the best in the world and it is certainly spectacular. The sand is powder soft with a pink tinge and the sea is turquoise. The sea is not flat calm like on the Caribbean side of the island, but the waves make it interesting and are excellent for playing and body boarding. The Crane has its own loungers on the beach which their friendly staff will set-up for you. There is also a flag by every chair which you just have to raise to ask for drinks or food to be delivered to you whilst you relax by the sea. How great is that?
Whilst at The Crane, we ate at all the restaurants and found them to be very good and reasonably priced. We especially enjoyed dinner at L'Azure which was as good as most UK fine dining restaurants and equal to those on the West Coast. We also went to the Sunday Gospel Breakfast at L'Azure. The food selection was delicious and the singers and band very entertaining. We had dinner and takeaway pizza from the Italian restaurant D'Onofrio's. Everything was tasty and surprisingly authentic. Lunch at The Carriage House Restaurant looking across the pools and gardens to the sea was relaxed with good food and cocktails and was an excellent place to cool off after a morning by the pool or beach. Just beware of the delicious rum punch. They make them strong at The Crane!
This was our first stay ay The Crane, but certainly won't be our last. The suites are huge and beautifully furnished, the gardens and pools are spectacular and never crowded, the restaurants and facilities at The Crane Village are top notch and best of all the service from the wonderful staff is always friendly and beyond what we have experienced anywhere else on our travels.
We returned home relaxed and pampered and are looking forward to going back to The Crane as soon as we possibly can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish