My wife and I decided to visit Barbados to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and we were delighted with our choice of the Crane Resort. The accommodation- a junior suite- was excellent in all respects. Large ground floor bedroom leading out to our patio and sun loungers. Our bathroom boasted a jacuzzi , shower etc. we also had the benefit of a small kitchenette. Restaurants on site were very good especially the Italian . The gospel breakfast on Sundays should not be missed. The staff were brilliant throughout our stay -nothing being too much trouble and one lady left her restaurant to direct us to the other restaurants open on our first night.
We hired a small car through guest services for three days at a cost of 96 pounds and covered most of the island including the west coast. Also visited Harrison caves and a nearby cafe known as Celestine's-great food and service. No menus as Celestine prepares a range of 4-5 meals daily. Sunbury plantation house definitely worth a visit and the nearby 4 square rum factory.
On friends' recommendation we also ate at lobster alive next to the boatyard - a good place for a pre dinner drink in Bridgetown. Our anniversary meal was taken at Lonestar - another strong recommendation.
The hotel's private beach is outstanding as we're the 5 pools on site. In short a fantastic hotel . We were welcomed with a strong rum punch on arrival and continued to sample these at the manager's Monday night cocktail party (and many other occasions throughout our week)
Best holiday for years and we will be back again next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish