We adored The Crane. Our Penthouse Suite in The Gardens was GREAT! Plenty of room! Once downfall was the A/C wasn't working as well as we wanted, but it wasn't miserable by any means. The room was cleaned daily and towels, etc. were restocked accordingly. The Staff was SUPER friendly and went out of their way to assist many times: EX/ I bought a print they very happily provided cardboard for the trip home for it. The staff went out of their way to show you to your destination of desire on the resort.
The Beach was BEAUTIFUL! While the vendors got a little annoying, they were not aggressive by any means. Be sure to buy a coconut drink from Ray Ray! They were great!
The restaurants were good, not spectacular though. Our favorite was L'Azure for dinner. Delicious surf and turf and lamb!
Overall, we had a great experience @ The Crane and we DO recommend it! The 'old' feel was amazing and so rich with history!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish