My husband and I spent time at the Crane on our way back from our honeymoon on another island. We had heard good things about the Crane and thought we would check it out for ourselves. I wish we stayed at the Hilton like we did on our previous trip in Barbados!
Upon check in the staff was incredibly rude and less than accommodating. We were told we needed to wait so that a bellhop could take our bags but first they needed to check to see if our room was ready. After a long day of travel, we just wanted to put our bags down and relax! After many failed attempts to contact anyone, we were told to wait until someone came to get our bags for us. Ten...fifteen...twenty minutes went by and we were restless! We picked up our bags and went to find our own way up to our room! We were met by someone at the bellhop station that finally said they would help us!
The room was beautiful, we splurged on a room that had a great view of the bay and had a plunge pool. Unfortunately, it was freezing and dirty and we were unable to use it. What happened next was not the Crane's fault, but it could have been handled much better. The power on the entire island went out from about 4PM until almost 9:00PM. We made dinner reservations which we were told we could still go to but would have a limited menu. With the prices at that restaurant for a limited menu, we decided to skip that. We roamed around with the other hundreds of guests staying there on a mission to find food! We ended up at the pizza place where we had to barter our way in. They were sending guests away! We told them we were willing to wait but just wanted a table to secure that we would be able to eat sometime that evening! It was pure chaos. All I ask, get a plan in place for these types of things people! Come on! Finally the power came on and we all rejoiced. Too bad it was after we paid to eat a soggy pizza in the dark.
Let us move on to breakfast. With the enormous property that the Crane is you would think they would have more than one place to eat for breakfast. Absolutely not. My friends, you are better off going to McDonald's. The buffet was awful and completely overpriced! We were charged $25.00 per person for a small omelet, bacon, and fruit since not much else is offered. We were ready to vacate that premises as soon as possible and will never return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish