The Crane from 1887:
Imagine: Great windows opening over spectacular gardens with an azure ocean beyond. The hotel room was expansive with a living room, dining area, great master bedroom, two enormous and elegant bathrooms, a full kitchen. The furnishings, we learned, are made on site including a great mahogany king bed. Divine!
But let's go outside where a crew keeps the jungle exotics impeccably healthy and vibrant. Just utterly beautiful landscaping. What about the beach? Well, take either the glass elevator or the stairs 4 stories down the cliff to the beach - one of the top 10 in the world - where the ocean changes form light blue to azure over silky white sand. Incredible!
The resort offers three restaurants, one of which we enjoyed for several dinners: D'Onofrio's. Our server, Angela, was a joy and made every meal so comfortable and pleasant. (I hope she gets to see this!) We had a fond farewell.
Aftre dinner, stroll over to the bar which is run by a professional and gracious trio dubbed "007" for their names. Three good gents who made every night fun. We enjoyed dancing, too, to live music by a few talented souls.
All in all, we had a great time, and made a couple friends with whom we remain in touch.
Derek & Eliza Gordon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish