Just returned from another wonderful stay at The Crane. We have part-ownership here and have to say that on each successive visit (bi-annually) the service and standards at the resort improve.
Units are set amongst very well tended grounds serviced by an army of gardeners.
Check in is swift and if your room isn't ready (depending on your arrival time) then you can sit and relax with a complimentary rum cocktail - the first of many!
We have a 2 bed turret pool apartment, which is very spacious and well equipped. We have never yet had to use the air con as the breeze off the sea combined with the ceiling fans is more than sufficient for our needs.
Love nothing more than an early morning amble along Crane beach and a paddle in the sea. The current and undertow is very strong here, so not advised for swimming unless you are a strong swimmer, followed by a coffee or ice cream at the cafe before retiring to one of the 5 pools. All of which are carefully positioned to screen one from the other and plenty of sun beds to choose from.
Lunch can be at The Carriage House Pool bar, D'Onofrio's Italian with Shrimp Rissoto to die for,
L'Azure or Zen. There is plenty of choice from bar food to fine dining.
Car hire may be advised if you want to explore the island fully or local buses run from just outside the resort.
Shuttle bus service to Bridgetown is on Thursday for shopping and to Oistins fish fry on Friday night. This is a brilliant outdoor evening with music, local food and craft stalls with a good mix of tourists and locals which is not to be missed for a casual fun evening.
The resort is kept very clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Housekeeping can be a bit of a mixed bag. Our apartment was serviced the first week by someone who really went the extra mile, due to her vacation, the second week was by assorted staff which although was OK, her extra diligence highlighted a slightly haphazard approach by others.
Treat yourself to a late night drink at L'Azure, sat outside, overlooking the beach, listening to the surf - this reminds you what it's all about.............
One must do is the Wednesday trip on 'Cool Runnings' catamaran cruise - book through guest relations for shuttle service, which is a must if you are going to sample the free bar. This is a fantastic trip, 3 stops, great lunch, snorkel with Turtles or just swim. Boats are well stocked, staffed by a great crew, who despite being a huge laugh, remain professionally alert to the safety of passengers at all times.
All in all, for us, being in Barbados at The Crane, is like a home from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish