This resort was very beautiful, wonderful pools and gardens and views over the sea.. we shared a ground floor apartment, so had own pool which was wonderful, clean and well looked after with spectacular views over the gardens, and other pools, a humming bird visited us almost every day. We had studio part, at rear, so own patio, surround by lovely gardens, and loads or birds visited us.. Gardens well maintained.. its own private beach, which although small, really lovely with fine pale pink sand...Fab.. Restaurants food was very good, especially L 'Azure. service very good with happy and friendly staff all over this resort, even chatting to gardeners, we got tips and very impressed with young gardeners knowledge.
Enjoyed trips round the island; Mount Gay rum, good tour, and best cocktails afterwards, hic,, we had a great afternoon there... Andromeda gardens, sensational... also flower forrest... Harrison Cave, best trip, great tourist venue, well planned and organised with video first, then underground on a big trolley train, cathederal and great hall areas, a wonderful site to see.. Earthworks pottery a good place to visit as well,... islanders we found a very friendly happy people, especially at church service, which by husband went to.. Mothers day was a great celebration.... we had an excellent holiday....
one complaint, although apartment pool excellent, patio did not seem to be on a regular list to clean, also the same with small patio at rear on to gardens, also apartment patio chairs and sunloungers, were very worn, that let down the appearance somewhat... all other areas we found were well maintained... an second complaint as well, although apartments looked good, the smart wooden floors did not keep rooms cool, they were always warm at night, it took a long time to cool apartment... and Aircon, was approx £4 an hour, so expensive, it the ceiling fan was not sufficient..... whereas the bathrooms with marble floors were much cooler.
on a positive note. our family hired a car, and at end of first week, car had two problems, so we called in at car hire as we headed back to apartment, and within 15 min we were out with another car... brilliant service, to enjoy our second week...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish