Casa Grande Airport Hotel(Saint Philip Parish)
Shonlan Inn and Apartments(Christ Church Parish)
$80
$59
Ocean Spray Beach Apartments(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$64
Little Arches Boutique Hotel(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$208
Silver Point Hotel(Silver Sands)
$111
$99
  • Pool
Sea Breeze Beach House(Oistins)
$615
Sunbay Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
$90
Barbados Beach Club(Christ Church Parish)
$252
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bougainvillea Barbados(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$184
$167
2,827 results
All reviewsgeneral storeplunge poolcarriage housegospel breakfastpink sandthe air conditioningwasher dryerthe cliffstayed in buildingemerald cityocean breezerum punchzen restauranttime sharesushifull kitchengarden view
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Crane Hotel has such a great reputation; why the disappointment??
Our room was beautiful, the view and sounds of the waves crashing was magnificent. However, it was the quality and care of Management that has let us down. This trip was for my Birthday - something to be celebrated and beautiful with my new husband. Instead our first night - My birthday was POISONED by a dish at D'Nofrios restaurant within the Hotel - Certainly not the birthday which I planned or hoped.
Both jacuzzi tubs in our room did not work - leading to a Romance let down.
My plan for an evening of relaxing and ordering in for room service was delayed because first we had to order a menu...then order our meal to have it arrive COLD - noting my soup was not gazpacho.

I prefer to rave about my travels, this time I am left to never return to The Crane and detour all I know from spending time there.

Room Tip: Building 5 has best views......
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bethany W
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Bethany W,

We were very disappointed to learn that your stay failed to meet expectations. As you stated, The Crane certainly does enjoy a great reputation due to our breathtaking views, spacious rooms and friendly service. This means that we took your claim of food poisoning very seriously, launching a full investigation into the matter. However, to date we have received no other related claims. Discussions with the Chef also indicated that all meals were and continue to be prepared to highest health and safety standards.

We also do apologise for the inconsistencies you experienced with your Jacuzzis and room service. Please be assured that these isolated service failures are no way indicative of our overall service standards. I have taken note of these issues and passed on to the related departments for immediate rectification.

Unfortunately, it appears as through your birthday celebrations were marred by a sequence of inopportune events and while we do understand your reluctance to return, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to create the true Crane experience for you.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

From beginning to end, the Crane exceeded our expectations. We arrived to check in and were greeted at the cab with a cold washcloth and a delicious (and strong) rum punch! Set the tone for a great vacation! The staff was friendly and accommodating. Each request we made was honored in minutes. The room was over the top. 2 bedrooms with a plunge pool on the terrace and a rooftop with jacuzzi and BBQ. It was amazing! One of the first tropical vacations where we loved being in our room equally as much as being at the pool/on the beach. Resort was not that crowded, so I understand that it is not for everyone. However, if you are looking for a laid back, relaxing vacation, the Crane is a great choice! Another great feature for us (we were traveling with an infant) was having a private dinner in our suite. A chef and server from L'Azure came to our room and cooked an amazing dinner! Little known secret and an incredible way to end a memorable trip!

Room Tip: We chose the 2 bedroom penthouse, which was spectacular! Amazing breeze at night and loved the plunge pool on the terrace and hot tub on rooftop with BBQ. Never had to leave the room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear NYCmeg,

We are thrilled that The Crane exceeded your every expectation. From check-in to check-out, we take great to care to ensure that each guest enjoys a truly wonderful time here with us. Our suites were designed to rival our naturally spectacular views and we are delighted that you enjoyed yours as much you did the pools and beach!

Thank you for taking the time to post this terrific review of our property. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon – many more “laid back, relaxing vacations” await!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were there for 4 days between May 16th and May 19th. These were 4 days of pure bliss. The staff were extremely accomdating, friendly and always smiling.

When we arrived, we were greeted with a nice rum punch drink and got our stay off to a great start. We were shown to our room and the room was just outstanding. It had a full kitchen, dish washer, washer and dryer and jacuzzi. The bed posings were of Victorian design and the view was just marvelous (over looking the ocean and pools).

We ate at the ballroom which over looked the beach and once again, another oustanding view. Food was also very tasty and well cooked.

The prices at the gift shop on the resort were reasonable. I mean, you expect to get gouged, no? But, in comparision to the prices outside of the resort (and qualty of course), the prices were decent. I would suggest getting whatever mementos you would want from that gift shop.

The ice cream location on the resort was good. Lots of selection and friendly staff.

Not a bad thing to say about this location.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 333 that over looked the ocean. So, pick any room over looking the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nat828
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear nat828,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. It definitely sounds as though you experienced an enjoyable and relaxing time with us at The Crane.

We are particularly pleased that you enjoyed your One Bedroom Ocean View Suite. Our location on Barbados’ South East coast is indeed spectacular and our spacious and well-appointed suites were specially designed to rival our amazing views.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again soon – next time, for a longer stay!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at the Crane for a week and let me just say I felt at home.The staff are friendly and very helpfully room was an ocean view and it was really nice.I shopped in the General Store and let me just say the ladies are very helpful and nice but the value for the money is terrible.I love Zen don't mind it is kind of expensive.Either way I enjoyed myself and I will be back next year

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank lovely2468

Dear lovely2468,

Thank you taking the time to review The Crane. We are thrilled you “felt at home” with us during your stay.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the pricing in The General Store and Zen. However, you’ll find that our pricing is actually in keeping with similar establishments across Barbados. As you may be aware, Barbados imports the majority of its food which results in higher prices than you would find in North America or Europe.

It was truly our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to doing so again next year.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 20th anniversary. Kamirah at the front desk was amazing, and most helpful. This is probably one of the nicest resorts in the Caribbean. The resort has a classic Caribbean feel with outstanding service and the best beach on the island! The restaurants on the property were outstanding and Keisha in guest services hooked us up with several activities including fishing and a Friday night fish fry in Oustins that is not to be missed. The only disadvantage is that it is a long way to town, but given it is the best resort and beach on the island, there is no reason to leave!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Seattle-Black

Dear Seattle-Black,

Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary! We are truly delighted that you chose to celebrate this momentous occasion with us. We also couldn’t agree with you more – with the sole exception of exploring Barbados, there is absolutely no reason to leave The Crane!

Karimah and Keisha were thrilled by your special mention. They certainly are gems and it was their pleasure to ensure that you enjoyed all that The Crane and Barbados have to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. Don’t become strangers! We hope to welcome you again soon.