2,839 results
All reviewsgeneral storeplunge poolcarriage housegospel breakfastpink sandthe air conditioningwasher dryerstayed in buildingthe cliffemerald cityocean viewrum punchzen restauranttime sharesushifull kitchengrocery store
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Going into this vacation my fiancé and I wanted a quiet relaxing get away at a "some what" upscale resort. We really wanted an adults only- no children resort, but found the ones we liked to be very pricey and very small. We heard the Crane was lovely and had the best beach in Barbados, as well as different options for dining etc., but was not exclusively an adult resort. In any event, because we booked our trip off season "early May" we got just what we wanted....mainly adult only and the quiet peacefulness we were looking for at the Crane.
Our room (which included living room, bedroom, kitchen and two bathrooms) with a perfect ocean view was like a dream. The room was lovely and very well maintained, with all amenities.
The pools and Crane beach were beautiful and all very different--each had its own unique feel. The grassy areas on the property with ocean views were breath taking, and the old Hotel was charming. I liked how they blended the old architecture with the new... well done.
The restaurants were all very different as well in both food and appearance. Coming from the NYC area and having eaten at some of the top restaurants, we were still pleased with the food. Zen was wonderful, L'Azure, where the abeyance was soft and heavenly.. the food was a little less than fair for breakfast and lunch but better for dinner. D'Onofrio's could have been better but we are not in NY or Italy so really can't expect much, we did in fact enjoy the mussels in spicy sauce there. The Carriage House had an old world feel with fun food! The home made ice cream at the Village Cafe was delightful!
The staff was very friendly and accommodating and seemed to go out of their way for us. The only place they weren't as friendly was in both the General Store and Gift shop.
The Gardens of the resort are lovely and well kept, some of the walk way lighting doesn't work and is in need of repair though.
Upon our arrival and after a long flight we were greeted with some Rum Punch which was fabulous and put us right in the relaxation mode we were looking for.
I do think the Crane is also a wonderful place to come with families and friends to celebrate. It's large enough to not get bored, but like I stated earlier, simply lovely for a quiet get away "off season" as well. The Crane suited our needs perfectly and we had a memorable and simply wonderful, relaxing time there. We hope to visit again some day!!

Room Tip: Ask for best view!! Building 5 seems to have the best ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FMLOT
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear GinaMichelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a terrific review. We are thrilled you took the opportunity to experience all that The Crane has to offer. Perhaps the most alluring thing about The Crane is its ability never to feel crowded – even during the high season!

We are pleased that our resort “suited your needs perfectly” and we have also taken note of your suggested areas for improvement. Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to strive for service excellence throughout the resort.

Don’t become strangers! It was our pleasure to welcome you and we hope to be given the opportunity to do so again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a relaxing and welcoming environment. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The guests are a mix of regulars and first timers who seem to be just as open and friendly as the staff. Get a room with a plunge pool if you prefer a bit of privacy. The grounds are clean and beautiful with picture perfect landscaping. There is a constant and pleasant breeze on this side of island which makes the temp comfortable even in late April. Restaurant options are varied giving you plenty of options. And finally, Crane Beach lives up to its reputation as being one of the best in the world. This place is a must see!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Musescarlet
CraneGM, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Musescarlet,

We couldn’t agree with you more – The Crane is definitely a must-see! Spacious, well-appointed accommodations, breathtaking ocean views and attentive service make The Crane simply perfect for a truly relaxing vacation.

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the moment we arrived - excellent service. Clean and comfortable rooms with a beautiful view. The staff had great recommendations on what & where to eat…things to do and they went above and beyond to schedule our dives, activities, and transportation. Definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: rooms are cooler on the first floor, even with AC
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia H

Dear Cynthia Lu H,

Thank you for taking the time to post this brief but fantastic review! It was truly our pleasure to welcome you to experience everything that The Crane and Barbados have to offer.

We sincerely appreciate your high recommendation. Don’t become strangers! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We arrived late because once again Liat was not on time. I guess they do mean (leave island any time). At this point it was already dark and after our cab driver tried to over charge us. We arrived at the front desk and explained that we wanted to have a drink and a small bite to eat before we checked in and had dinner. We were offered a rum punch and told that there is not any food at the bar and no bars at the restaurants. I went to The General Store and grabbed some nuts and met my husband at Bar 1887. Dining at the bar is our pleasure and always sit there. We were expecting three wonderful days at The Crane at the end of the most fabulous vacation to Bequia. My husband looked at me and asked what was wrong? I told him that the clerks at the store were terribly rude. I went to the counter and the woman was on the phone. She told me to go over there. I greeted the other clerk and all she said was the price. I gave her the money, took my change ,said thank you and she said nothing else. The next day we went in to The Village Cafe and were treated with total disrespect. Happily asking if i could please taste the coffee ice cream, she handed me a spoon. We ordered our cone and I asked where I should put the tasting spoon, she just pointed. We received the cone and I said thank you. She said nothing. I pointed to the tip jar and said please and thank you make tips. They both just laughed at us. They are not just rude and arrogant they should be fired. Telling my husband that I think we made a mistake and should of stayed at the Silver Point again. That is were we stayed before we went to The Grenadines. The Silver Point get top grade from us. After having a Banks (good beer) and our cashews, checked into our lovely room and got ready for dinner. The first night we ate at L'Azure. Food service and atmosphere just perfect. They were just as great at breakfast, they took such good care of us. I wish I had taken names to give praise where it belongs. Susan is the only one I can recall but there are many more. Zen is over priced but pretty good .D'Onofrios is a disgrace to The Crane. Our waitress argued with us when we said we were very unhappy with our meal. I started to think maybe our standards are to high until we were told by staff that other people had the same as us. When we woke up in the morning our room was not what we asked for. I am a painter an I wanted to paint. Last room in building 5 looking off property. Most of 5 in my opinion has the best view. The elevator was down and my hips wont take 100 stairs. Coming from paradise in Bequia where we were totally distressed and ending our holiday here was getting more and more stressful for us. Our room was changed after talking to Bernise, I am not sure if the desk made the change or it was a misunderstanding with Bernise. We were put in building 9 at the end again on the 3rd floor with a plunge pool. Far away and no view to paint from that high. Back to the front desk . They gave us a ocean front room in 5 on a high floor. Too high to paint but a great view. Way to much inside not enough deck space. Dennis was very helpful and understanding. Karah in the red dress is just the best you could have. She go will go far if she chooses to stays at The Crane. Just love the big pool. The Carriage House is very nice. Despite all the issues we had a great time. Please bring this to the attention to the food and beverage manager John Doyle. If you could clean up the food problems and lighten up on the militant rules you could have a good thing.

Room Tip: rooms have more room than they need and balconies are too small building 5 is nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marlanacat

Dear Marlanacat,

We were terribly disappointed to learn that your stay failed to meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

The Crane prides itself on having the most genuine and friendly staff you could ever encounter, with Susan, Dennis and Karimah being shining examples. We do apologise if any of your interactions were anything less than warm and engaging. Your observations have been taken very seriously and will be investigated further. Thank you for drawing this to our attention.

Please be assured that food & beverage continues to be an area of focus for the entire Management team and we will continue to systematically review our offering, with the goal of implementing effective improvements.

We were indeed cognisant of your needs as a painter and tried to accommodate appropriate room moves for you, within the constraints of availability. However, we are pleased you were able to have an overall “great time” despite the inconsistencies and hope you will give us another opportunity to create the true Crane experience for you.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at the Crane and had a fabulous vacation. We were on the top floor with a beautiful ocean view. Everything was clean, the staff were very friendly. Even the young men who fed the koi would hold up knowing we loved to watch. Food at each of the restaurants was great. There were so many lovely poolside areas on the property, we had a hard time deciding where we would lounge each day! I took lots and lots of pictures from every vantage point.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JanU57586,

It definitely sounds as though you enjoyed an overall “fabulous” time with us here at The Crane. Friendliness is indeed the hallmark of our staff and it was our pleasure to ensure that you enjoyed everything that The Crane has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon – next time, for a longer stay!