We just arrived back from our 4 night stay at the Crane Hotel March 31st.
We had stumbled on an awesome deal on groupon, and decided to head out to barbados.
Was immpecable from the bell boys, to the front desk, and the lady all the way to the right desk at guest services was so much fun to talk to and did a great job helping us plan our trip (i wish could remember her name) Overall the staff personnel here are very freindly and would always say hello and exchange goodmornings or even walk us to our destination.
Restaurant service lacked a sense of urgency, and was too "relaxed" for my taste (I am a New Yorker)
**** JUNIOR our cab driver for the entire trip who we found at the hotel was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip. He was our driver, body guard lol, photographer, tour guide, and most importantly friend! Junior you really made out trip and i hope you get to read this! Thank you for everything ! and we MISS you!
If you need a cab driver (which you will because everything is so far) call or ask for him
(246)237-2773 great rates + always on time
We had breakfast in La azzure by the beach, lunch at the carriage house, and drinks at the bar.
Prices for food are overpriced, as expected. I'd make the trip else where for dinner.
Were Beautful, and well kept, spacious. The room attendant always did a great job. My only complaint here was that the floors looked clean but didn't feel clean. Expect your feet to be black after 15 min of walking barefoot. House keeping really needs to start mopping those floors!
The views in this hotel are AMAAAZINGGGG EVRYWHERE!! from the beach to the pool at the restaurants . JUST BREATHTAKING . Location wise, the crane is pretty far from everything! My advice rent a car or hire JUNIOR. The hotel itself is beautiful too, but is need of better upkeep.
Beach is public but so secluded its really just your own.
Overall I do think the groupon price is fair and would return for a second stay, however if you are paying full price for your stay i dont think its worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish