This was our first trip to the Crane and we had read reviews, but obviously missed the ones about air conditioning. Our first room (a garden suite) did not have a working air conditioner or hot water. The manager moved us to another room across the street (1 bedroom villa with a private pool). It was further from the ocean, but provided great views and our own pool to lay out. There is not much to do outside of the resort (you need a car or a driver to take you around), but the beach is GREAT, the views are FANTASTIC, and the staff is VERY FRIENDLY, albeit a little slow at honoring request. We ate at the Carriage House (great food), the ZEN (average food and slow service), and the L'Azure (dinner was above average and breakfast was ok, but the view cannot be beat!!) Overall we enjoyed the trip and will probably stay at the Crane again, but will definitely check on air conditioning status as soon as we get in the room.
We do recommend the Crane if you want a relaxing vacation with wonderful views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish