We have just arrived home from the Crane resort. We had a fantastic time. The service was excellent! I have never experienced such politeness in my life. Absolutely everyone greets you when they pass you and it's sincere. They can't do enough for you. The food in all the restaurants is amazing. I have food allergies and they were very accommodating and ensured I had great meals. What I like about the Crane, also, is, it is very contained. In the center of the resort there are some little stores set up like a small town. It's very nice! They have a General store where you can buy groceries, an ice cream parlour, a jewellery store and a small tourist type store. There are also other services.
If I had to complain about anything, our room had very tiny ants in the kitchen area. The Management and housekeeping went out of their way to address this problem to our satisfaction. We did check with other guests and it seems the problem is not throughout the resort but was just in our building. This small issue is why I did not give it 5 out of 5.
Do not let this deter you from enjoying the Crane. You will have a great relaxing holiday at this resort where the staff have only one goal and that is you having a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish