This was our 4/5 visit and although I love the beach it really needs to attend to some essential things.
We've visited and watched the development with interest and have stayed their now several times.
Sadly the list of problems, although fairly minor added up and they really need to up their game to compete with other 4/5* star establishments.
Firstly, on arrival no safe in room or hairdryer, although there were holes where they should have been! Got them reinstalled after a few days. Glass top on table covered in smeary film.
No do not disturb or please service room signs. Towels were tiny, smallest I've encountered in a hotel.
Coffee machine in icecream parlour was broken for duration of visit, as was the lift to the beach.
Jacuzzi in pool complex was either closed or very cloudy. Other pools were not sparkling and clean, water cloudy with debris. Plus saw pool men sprinkling powders into pools during day, surely this should be done at night.
No entertainment in bar, caught end of guitarist once, no notification of him, or anyone else.
The general store shelves were half empty, unable to get what we wanted. Came back at 10.50pm one night to find bar closed!!
Such a shame as I want the Crane to succeed.
Lastly, for 3 days our peace and quiet was spoilt by a gang of 9 feral youngsters running around in a pack, none more than 10 years old unsupervised, screaming at the top of their voices. Management should be more proactive to stop this happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish