We spend the day yesterday at The Crane. They have an unadvertised deal where you can spend the day at The Crane for $25 BBD ($12.50 US). You get access to the beach and the money you spend can be used as a credit at their restaurants. We also checked out the pools.
The beach at The Crane (Crane beach) is pretty nice though the surf can be a little harsh (though fun to play in). The grounds are also very nice. While the pools look really nice, I have to say they are disappointing as they are too shallow. While they say four feet, they are really three feet, (unless I've been 8 feet tall).
We had lunch at the Azure restaurant overlooking the beach.
Since your entry fee gives you equal credit at the restaurants, you can view it as almost a free day and as such I have to recommend it.
We can in from Hastings so the bus ride was about 40 minutes exactly. The bus stops right in front of the Crane.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish