Stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon during the week of Oct 21-28. WOW WOW WOW. I have been to many resorts and this tops my list!! The staff were over the top friendly both in the hotel and the restaurants!! The ladies at the activities desk made our trip over the top exciting. They set up scuba diving at Rogers Scuba Shack, Zip line and 4x4 tours, a night at Oystens (local dive) and a unforgettable tour with turtle swimming!!!
I will say that the spa ladies can at least fake a smile!! After the computer just "dropped" our booked spot early in the week, we had to re-book later in the week, which meant wearing tons more sunscreen all week to prohibit sunburn. My new wife and I were not happy- HOWEVER- the lady at the activities desk looked out for our interest. She rectified the situation, while acknowledging the issue, apologized and earned back our respect. Can’t say much for the spa personal!!! They discounted the massage and we left with a smile!! Nice recovery (Thanks to the tall, thin activities clerk- sorry I forgot your name) . The room was in great condition and the plunge pool cleaned 3 times during our visit!! We will be back with friends the next time we are on the island!! I am now a rum punch fan!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish