This was our ninth visit to The Crane and it did not disappoint. We were in a lovely plunge pool unit in Building 5, which we had not been in before. The views were spectacular. Sabrina and Diana, our housekeepers are simply the best. They each did their best to make us feel comfortable and welcome. I must say that I sleep better there than I do at home. We leave the doors to the terrace open and fall aslep to the sound of the ocean.
We ate at each of the restaurants during this stay. We always enjoy our meals at Zen and this was no exception. While the food at L'Azure has improved (I had a wonderful sea bass with lentils), the service is still slow and uninspired. At Donofrio's the risotto with smoked salmon was simply wonderful, the pizza just okay. Waiple is a very effecient hostess and Cloethe attended to our every need and made us feel at home (they should have her train some of the wait staff at L'Azure). The Carriage House for lunch was great. Erroll and Susan always make us feel welcome. If I could have one additional service, it would be to have consistent food and beverage service at the pools. You tend to get so lazy lying by the pools that getting up just seems like too much effort! I do realize that we were not there during high season and they will likely change this when I visit again in February. Each morning my husband would go to the front desk to get the local paper and stop at the pasty/ice cream shop to bring me a croissant. The shop is a great addition.
Stephen at the front desk was very helpful. The paperwork process for checkout is rather lengthy and he did his best to make it as quick as possible and did it with a smile. James, who used to be at the front desk, now has a new job and could not have been more helpful when I asked for something. He went out of his way to find me at the pool to give me the answer. Overall, all of the staff are friendly and helpful. It is rare that you will pass a staff member walking along one of the many paths, who will not say hello.
Can't wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish