We stayed for two weeks in unit 522 at the Crane Residences during November and December 2012. This is a one bed, two bath ocean view apartment with full kitchen and plenty of space. About 1050 sq ft including the balcony. The Crane is an excellent resort but there were a few issues which I will try to be objective about to give the right balance. Would we stay here again? Definitely!
The Crane property is well looked after and the gardens are lush and beautiful. Many of the pools are full of fish and waterfalls are lit up with coloured lights at night. Security is at the gate to the property and patrols the grounds day and night.
The unit was beautifully clean on first inspection but some deep clean items were noted. There are also some maintenance issues and the kitchen equipment can only be described as adequate. That said and rather puzzlingly we asked for extras and got them without delay. For example we had to ask for wine glasses, an item that should be standard in a Gold Crown resort and within an hour, 4 had been delivered.
For those wishing to cook, there was only a very small pan and an equally small steamer. I asked for and got a chopping board, a baking dish, a large cooking pot, a can opener a plug for the kitchen sink and a Pyrex serving dish. It’s just strange that we needed to ask for the above.
The furniture is delightful and there were two large flat screen TVs with a decent selection of programs. Sad that they didn’t work when we arrived and it took two engineers to get a picture so my husband could watch the Barclays Premier soccer. Again, once I asked it was done but there seems to be a lack of pro-active maintenance here.
The above comments serve to detract from a really top mark for this resort which is otherwise probably the best timeshare on the Island. The four poster bed is enormous and the bathroom is huge containing a Jacuzzi bath, walk in shower, and two sinks. The maid came daily but unless you ask, there are only two dishwasher tablets to last the week! Ask and they shall be delivered.
Best things about resort, the beach, the pools, Zen restaurant (Thai and Japanese) and the friendly nature of the staff. Free Wi-Fi in unit and free phone calls including international calls via VOIP. The tap water is also drinkable and pleasant.
There is a cooling breeze off the sea and we did not need to use the air-conditioning (there is a charge of $1 US per hour for the air-con so the breeze is REALLY good). I note that another guest staying at the same time as us complained about the air-conditioning. Firstly I would not recommend closing the shutters in this apartment as it simply cuts out the cooling breeze but the resort replaced the air-con condenser in block 5 the week after the other guest left.
The Crane is an excellent resort for couples, families and for singles who want to relax without night life. The staff is friendly and helpful, with daily housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish