My husband and I spent 1 night at The Crane in Barbados (a chance to experience Barbados while at the same time, avoiding an awkwardly long connection at the airport).
We only stayed one night, but we were immediately captivated by the stunning views, gorgeous beach, immaculate pools and landscaped gardens. Our room (just a standard garden view) was equally magnificent, with heirloom furnishings, roman tub and large separate stand up shower....
While this resort is not an all-inclusive, every unit is fully furnished with a kitchenette (the better the room category, the fuller the kitchen I'm told) and cooking utensils (which is great if you're on a budget) On top of the 5 star amenities that the resort offers (great restaurants & bars, daily maid service, spa and fitness centre on site, duty free shops, etc), it's also got its very own self-sufficient village where you can buy groceries, go for coffee, meet for drinks, etc. (Pretty fabulous selection of wines at the General Store). We had free wi-fi at the resort and computers in the lobby too if you didn't think to bring your own laptop. This resort is also a time-share....if we were ever to consider doing a time share, we think this just might be the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish