We are long-time visitors to Barbados and The Crane and have really enjoyed the island and the resort each time.
Our room (ocean view with a plunge pool) was heavenly as always and I must mention the absolute terrific service that Diana, our chambermaid, carried out each day. She is an absolute star!
The other positives were the Beach (simply incredible), the Carriage House (great food), 1887 bar (friendly service) and D'Onofrio's (so good we went twice). The gospel breakfast buffet is a must on Sunday mornings as well.
The main negative though was our experience at L'Azure which was nothing short of disgraceful. The food is brilliant but unfortunately the kitchen is let-down by the service staff who were at times dis-interested, dis-honest, rude and not a reflection of the service elsewhere in Barbados or even at the Crane. The service became so bad it was bordering on hilarity at times. The place descended into chaos as other tables left as they had not received any food.
Checking out was slightly onerous as well but that is a minor complaint.
The resort is beautiful and hugely relaxing. If they fix the issues at L'Azure, then I'd recommend the Crane to all and sundry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish