My husband and I stayed at the Crane Hotel in Barbados in October 2012.
Pros: The hotel is beautiful and huge! The rooms are great, large and with all the amenitiies. We stayed in a garden room (one of the lower priced ones) and it was still excellent. The beach is beautiful and secluded so that hotel guests are pretty much the only people on it (minus a few locals selling coconuts drinks). Although the water is a little rough, it was not too much to handle. The food is good as well. We would highly recommend the japanese/thai restaurant. It requires reservations, but is definitly worth it. The hotel is very family and couple friendly. It has great pools too. The hotel has everything you could need. No need to venture out unless you are going on a catamaran cruise (which we highly recommend Cool Runnings!).
Cons: The location of the hotel is on the southeast side of the island. It is very secluded from night life, other restaurants, etc. Some excursions even charge more for picking you up at the crane. It can be a little pricey to stay here. However, it is much more expensive to stay on the south or west side of the island. We used priceline and got a really good deal. There are two places to eat breakfast most mornings. There is a buffet, which is very expensive and a little coffee shop that serves croissants. Be prepared for the service to be extremely slow at the restaurant. It wasnt a problem for us because we were in Barbados to relax, but it took us 2.5 hours one afternoon to be served lunch. As long as you are prepared, it is not too bad.
Overall, it was a great experience and we would definatly return. The seclusion is nice for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Jetsetter and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish