My wife and I recently traveled to The Crane for our honeymoon! We had a 7 night stay at the resort and absolutely loved every minute of it! From our arrival for check-in to check-out, the staff were very friendly and helpful in all aspects of our stay. Check-in went very smoothly and it was as if they were expecting us and called us by name. The concierge offered us their signature Rum Punch while we were checking in and the drinks were ready for us the second we were done getting our room keys. The concierge helped us with our baggage and brought everything to the room for us while giving us a brief history of the resort during our short walk to our building. Once inside the room, everything was spotlessly clean, but the A/C was off so it was a little warm until we figured out how to turn the A/C on. The A/C is not very strong anyway but it cooled off the rooms enough along with the ceiling fans. My wife kept saying it was still a little too warm for her but I was pretty comfortable most of the time. The Caribbean style windows and doors opened up for a nice steady breeze but there are no screens or anything on them so mosquitos did get into our room. We did not keep any of the doors or windows open during our stay after that. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchen and a rooftop deck with a swimming pool. The swimming pool and deck upstairs were the highlight of our accomodations. A romantic place to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or champagne and star gazing were all enjoyed on the rooftop deck.
The grounds of the resort are in very great shape and beautiful. You can definitely tell landscapers work very hard and take pride in their work. The Crane Village has everything you would need so it is not necessary to leave the resort unless you want to go on island tours/adventures. There is a small grocery store with plenty of snacks, drinks and other food items that you would need for a vacation stay. There are four restaurants and one bar in the Village. There is Italian, American, Caribbean, and Japanese/Thai restaurants. Most are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but The Carriage House was only open for lunch I believe. Each restaurant had something on the menu for all people. My wife is a picky eater and she was able to find things on the menu that she would eat and she really enjoyed the food. i enjoyed the food as well and our favorite restaurant was the Italian place. We ate dinner there at least 3 times and loved it each time. The service is also great at the restaurants. There was also a pastry/ice cream shop as well. The cakes and ice cream were delicious and the pastries looked great as well. Need souvenirs to take home? They have a souvenir shop as well!
The views from some of the restaurants and the grounds themselves were very beautiful. The pools were surrounded by tropical vegetation including numerous palm trees and the poolside furniture and loungers looked very comfortable. My wife and I used our private rooftop pool so we did not swim in any of the public pools. All in all, it was a very great trip at a fantastic resort and we will definitely be vacationing there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish