My wife and I spent 10 days @ The Crane to celebrate both our 25th wedding anniversary and my birthday. It was during the Hurricane Sandy black out and the timing was perfect. Our trip was from November 3rd, 2012 to the 12th. The photos
seemed a little ritzy for working class people but in the end, we made the perfect choice. Every person we met was really nice. Better than what you hear. In fact all the people in Barbados are true Angels. I'll never figure out how this is possible. The Angel leadership of this Island, seems to be employed at The Crane Resort. We want to adopt many, and the rest we'll call cousins. Genuinely eager to serve, lovable, and really down to earth. Our driver is named Ricardo. Humble, knowledge and a real safe driver. Not one cranky person on the island and the staff at The Crane sets the example!
We had a romantic, secluded garden suite in building 37 in the back. Full pool and hot tub. The only possible con, though not meaningful enough for us to list as a con, was the jets don't work and none of the hot tubs on the property have heated water. We had free wi/fi in room so I avoided text message charges and used Facebook instead. The romantic, isolated garden suite was nicer than in the photos. My wife was astonished that there were no bugs. Finch and Humming Birds fed on the flowers. I was able to skinny dip at night which I like. The back yard area was entirely secluded. My wife loved the idea of packing less because there's a washer/dryer in the room. I did all the laundry. The kitchen was very useful and so was the living room. We determined from now on we will try to stay at a hotel suite rather than a hotel room. We went to a local supermarket called Emerald City... nice... good prices and bought some things for the Fridge. Drinks, bread, eggs ... tuna etc. We were set if we needed a quick snack though they have 24/7 room service. Crane Beach, listed in the top ten beaches in the world met expectations. The beach was perfect... don't jump off the cliff unless ur an excellent swimmer, strong...and long winded. Smokers... its not worth drowning to find out. Trust me on this one. Whew!!! Almost didn't make it to shore. The pools were nicer than the photos show. You can swim at night in warm water with no time restrictions. Outstanding!
We ate dinner twice at D'Onofrio's On Site Restaurant and the food was outstanding, as was the service. We had a pricey but excellent buffet breakfast at Zen's and it was great. Wide selection, great food and fruit... good coffee too! I'm happy to state that we entirely avoided LAsure's due to the reviews I had read. During our trip we traveled the island and visited 4 or 5 other possible places including The Hilton. After visiting the other hotels, we became most certain that The Crane was the best possible hotel for our romantic needs. No question. Use Caution when you get to the desk. The complimentary Rum Punch does not taste potent, but it packs a knock out blow. The next day she was feeling much better... lol I spent many hours of research during the prior two months to pick just the right spot. We chose The Crane Resort and I'm so very glad we did. I can assure you, so will you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish