We spent a week at the Crane and over all we had a great time. The location is superb exactly what you expect from the Caribbean - picture postcard you might say.
The staff are among some of the most friendly I have come across and always have a smile and a good morning/evening or alright for you.
The food in the resort is also very good especially the Thai and again the service excellent.
So you might ask what stops it being world class, well it is really the maintenance. Again it is really clean and they are always working on the gardens and the grounds but there were issues for other guests with not having hot water or air conditioning which is not funny when it is 30 degrees. For us it was the fact we had an adjoining room and the sound proofing was very poor and our neighbours were very noisy, luckily they were only there for 2 nights and then we had peace. We also had air conditioning issues on our last day but again not much of an issue as we were checking out at mid day.
I suppose the question is would I go back and the short answer is Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish