I'm writing this review after my third visit to this resort and it was a pleasure to see how the gardens and buildings have matured and the superb facilities have grown. There is superfast broadband everywhere but you won't want to be doing too much of that! As ever the staff, (in fact the majority of Bajans) are friendly helpful and happy to meet you. Special mention for Errol and Susan.
You don't actually need to go anywhere else as the beach will spoil you for any other, (lift access), free sunbeds/parasols and towels. The sea can be a bit surfy in October for toddlers/non swimmers but there is reef a little way out where the heaviest waves break. The sea as are the pools both beautifully warm to enter. Off the beach these pools are interlinked by waterfalls, so choose your own favourite spot from sunny to shady; and as we were there in "low season", there were loads of sunbeds free. Above the beach there is an infinity pool for serious swimmers to put in a few lengths and a separate huge Jacuzzi, with fantastic views all round. Nearby there is a poolside bar and grill serving you during the day. There is a shop selling basic necessities and other shops selling designer goods, and an ice cream parlour. There is a small outdoor market on one evening each weak and I treated myself to a pair of comfy handmade leather sandals. There is also a friendly family run bar and bistro, "Cutters", a short walk away, where you can chill inside or laze in the porch outside. In the evening the resort has a very nice TV bar with live relaxed entertainment and there are three themed restaurants.
It is worth hiring a car because you must visit Bathsheba, St. Nicholas Abbey and the Mountgay Rum factory amongst others, and treat yourself to a magical and romantic meal by the waterside. Barbados has many top restaurants to choose from, but if you don't venture far the Zen, in the Crane itself, takes some beating for food and location; on top of the cliff and beach. We stayed in a top floor penthouse apartment which was enormous and had every mod con. including huge comfortable Queen beds with if wanted. carved mahogany posts at each corner, for fitting a net
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish