I live in Barbados and each year I try to take advantage of this beautiful island and stay at a different hotel each year. This year I decided to spend a weekend at the beautiful Crane Resort to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday. ( we checked in on 28th April 2012)
Boy were we blown away...we checked in around noon to take advantage of the pools (which were not crowed) after that we had lunch at the Carriage House where we were seated poolside and ate in our swim attire, the backdrop of the property was stunning, the food was simply delicious and the staff were extremely friendly.
After lunch we headed on over to our room where we encountered a few problems, the first one was that our luggage had not been delivered to our room as yet, which was a little bothersome due to the fact that we were still in damp clothing and wanted to change. After calling frontdesk it was later brought to our room, we then realized they placed someone else info and room number on our luggage tags . But the beauty of our room took our minds off the little mix up.
As I read in other reviews, the water in the bathroom does not get hot, at all, I don't know if that was as a result of the floor we were staying on (Junior Garden View Suite on the 3rd floor)
We also spent some time in the Village, did a little shopping there and also paid a visit to the Crane beach via the glass elevator. I totally forgot I was in my home land, the Crane has so much to do and see, it was absolutely breathtaking.
Unfortunately upon returning to our room we realized our door was open, we knew that we had closed and locked it but after further investigation we realized our door could not be locked unless we used the inside latch to lock it.
We were a little unsettled by this but nothing was missing and all was in its place, when I called front desk the phone went unanswered. So we just got dress & made our way to dinner because we were running late and did not want to lose our reservation.
Dinner was incredibly delicious, we dinned at D’Onofrio which offers the best Italian pasta ever and the wine was excellent. The setting reminded me of an old romance movie.. my boyfriend said it was "perfect". The staff sang happy birthday to him and treated him to dessert. They truly went above and beyond.
The minor issues we had did not in anyway dampened our paradise experience.
The Crane will now be a yearly tradition for our :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish