“One of the best”

Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Once again the gulshan has out done them self's

Every time me and my partner go to gulshan the food just gets better and better.

One of the best in town

1  Thank Wayne E

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love the Gulshan, i have been visiting there for years for birthday celebrations, anniversary or just a takeaway. I'm never dissapointed, food is always brilliant, staff are very friendly & are always happy to accommodate. It's a lovely restaurant, with lovely music & artwork. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Lovely food, fantastic service, relaxed atmosphere and children made very welcome. All 4 of us in the family were very pleased with our meals.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Eight of us visited on the Friday after Christmas and we were all very disappointed. My samosas were of the poorest quality I have ever had, my curry was not spicey for a vindaloo and my nan bread burnt. My friends meals were of the same calibre with the prawn curry having only three prawns and the chicken sag was nearly all sag. Waiting for a drink order took three attempts at having to ask the waiter who looked extremely tired and bored. Now I recommended that we go to the Gulshan because I was there about four months ago and had a good meal so I hope this was a one off however I wont be going back to find out.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This review is not based on a one off visit but on several visits throughout the year over the past few years. Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas parties have all been held in the Gulshan for my family and friends and a warm welcoming was received on every occasion. So if you are looking for fantastic hospitality and quality food then look no further than the Gulshan.
The staff there are very friendly and attentive and happy to cater for your needs to the best of their ability. The restaurant is upstairs away from the main street and is laid out in an elegant style. The menu is full of traditional dishes as well as a varied choice of speciality dishes. Prices may seem slightly higher than other restaurants but quality food/ingredients come at a cost. What’s that old saying “you get what you pay for”
Highly recommend that you try this restaurant and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed.