“More than perfect!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

From the moment we arrived until we left, Elvira and David could not do enough to make our stay there more enjoyable. Tea and cakes were waiting for us on our arrival and we had the pleasure of experiencing an exquisite meal cooked by David an excellent trained chef who's presentation would not have been out of place in a 5 star hotel. The room was very clean, cosy and comfortable, with lovely homely touches. Barratts is situated on the outskirts of Rhyl and is an ideal base for touring North Wales.... I only wished we had booked more than one night. Thank you, we'll be back!!:)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is awesome, the food is of excellent quality cooked to an exceptional standard at a reasonable price for what you get. The building and eating rooms are really nice also and the owners are really friendly, definitely worth a visit. I have been here before for Sunday lunch and it was just as good then too. Highly recommended.

2  Thank bsu448
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Barratts restaurant in Rhyl is a small welcoming establishment set back from the busy Vale road ,the building dates back four hundred years and is kept in a cosy warm environment the food is home cooked and fresh they only cook to order so you have to book but having said that you know that what you ask for is bought in daily and is of the best quality.
It is the ideal place for a family get together celebration or just an intimate dinner for two my wife and I had Sunday lunch there my meal was black pudding with mushroom and truffle sauce on mushy peas and onion for starter and my main was pork belly with roasties veg apple sauce and stuffing followed by almond and cherry tart with ice cream washed down with a caffitiare of coffee and a couple of bottles of wine,a really nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank novarone
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A small, friendly, charming restaurant serving freshly prepared quality food in an olde-world setting.

The final serving - the bill - is also very palatable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Trevor J
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Every year we splash out on a night out for my birthday and we always head for Chester or Llanduduno to find somewhere formal to eat. I happened to see Barratts on this site like the reviews so I checked out the website where I were impressed by the menu and 5 courses for £40 was good value so I booked a table for me and my partner and we certainly were not disappointed. The whole night was a experience from the log fire the service the lovely conservatory and especially the food it was so well prepared and presented freshly made and delicious. The owners need to put some pictures on their website for people to see how well presented the food is. We booked for eight but arrived early were greeted by Elvira at the door had a lovely evening and didn't leave until 10.45 couldn't fault it. It was a lovely night and now we don't need to travel far to get a fine dining experience. Hidden gem in the heart of Rhly.

1  Thank ceriluc