“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 26 Rhyl B&B and Inns
denbigh
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from having sunday lunch at Barrats and it was the best sunday lunch we have ever had in a resturant. They were so welcoming the place is fab and the food is cooked to perfection. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cherineDenbigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rhyl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were greeted by a lovely lady who took our coats on the door step and welcomed us into a lovely warm room with an open fire. Unfortunately i didn't get her name but if you read this thank you for looking after me and my partner so well. The food was beautiful from beginning to end and couldn't fault the taste, presentation or services in any way. If you are planning a special meal with a loved one I could only recommend this restaurant/hotel. Thanks again for a perfect evening!
Bradley and Beth

Visited the restaurant 22/12/2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night when I was working in Rhyl. On arrival I was greeted by one of the owners, Elvira, who showed me to my room. I was offered a hot drink, and a mug of tea and biscuits was soon brought. I enquired about dinner and was given a number of options and made my choice and was told I would be called when dinner was ready. As promised I had a knock at my door half an hour later to tell me dinner was served. I was shown to the cosy conservatory dining room and presented with a selection of canapes, foccacia and dipping oil & balsamic. The canapes were delicious. My main meal of duck arrived and was outstanding, the only downside was I was on my own eating a meal that deserved to be shared.
The room was cosy, with a large flatscreen tv and sweets.
I will definitely stay again if I go to Rhyl and would receommend to anyone for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms as the hotel is set back from the main road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sarah W
flintshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We found a little treasure at this lovely b & b in rhyl. We had a lovely room with en suite shower and felt very spoilt. Wish we Could have stayed a week! Lovely touches in our room, real cups and saucers! Good choice on our room tea tray, water and pre dinner sherry, bowl of sweets. Too many little touches to list but all appreciated. We were treated to tea and nibbles in the lounge on arrival. Lots of lovely reading materials in a very relaxing room. The smell of cooking as we left for the evening was delicious. We had a comfortable night and an impeccable breakfast. Overall we felt like honoured guests. Thank you for making our weekend so very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
fiveofninewales, Owner at Barratts of Tyn Rhyl, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and it's great to know it's appreciated.
Didcot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Excellent hospitality and accommodation. Beautiful historic house, thoughtfully restored. Food is superb and breakfast is a major event. We will definitely aim to stay again and use as a base for walking in Snowdonia and Clwyd. It is well worth travelling maybe a little out of your way for this accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GwynDebbie
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just spent a wonderful weekend with David and Elvira at Barratts.
The usual welcome from Elvira, always very friendly with a tray of tea served in the sitting room.
Beautiful room and excellent breakfast. Very friendly and professional people. This historic, lovingly restored house is full of character but also very, very comfortable and the service would be difficult to better.
This is our third visit, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are inividual but still very nice, we have had three different rooms on our visits and it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew S
Marseille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Warm welcome from the owner Elvira who served us tea in the cosy library on arrival. Our room was stunning - absolutely huge, very beautiful with a bathroom worthy of the Ritz.
Elvira's husband David (ex chef from Tante Claire) served us the most delicious meals - and even insisted on driving us to the station when we left!
Have travelled a lot but this is one of the best places I have ever stayed - 5 star standard with a dash of boho-chic. Will be back!

Room Tip: Room 1 is fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank janetgourand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn
The Kinmel
The Kinmel
#1 of 1 in Abergele

Been to Barratts of Tyn Rhyl? Share your experiences!